What's new

RP62 picture (1 Viewer)

rball

Auditioning
I just upgraded from the Panasonic A110 to the RP62 and am noticing all sorts of digital processing noise in the picture. I'm using the s-video out to a 27" Panasonic GAOO flat screen (10 or so years old) I have tweaked the player as well as the TV but am not satisfied. I see horizontial lines (lightly in the backround) grain, and digital noise in darker scenes that resembles animation instead of film. The picture seems less bright and colorful than on the a110.
Anyone know what this could be?

ps The Panny's do not pause or search with Infinifilm dvd's

Corey_ Williams

Stunt Coordinator
Sounds like you may have a bad player. I got my wife the panny 62 for christmas. She loves it, and I do see any of the problems that you are reffering too.

What is digital processing noise?

In addressing the issue of horizontal lines, this may be a grounding issue.

rball

Auditioning
Thank You. The "Noise" term refers to the blocks and grain especially in cloudy dark scenes. The player maybe brings out flaws I never was able to see before. I watched Signs I was noticing the backrounds how grainy and noisy they were. This is backed up somewhat in the Signs dvd review at dvdfile.com

Thanks Again.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks