What's new

Rotel RX 402 stereo receiver on the way...good choice? (1 Viewer)

Nathan_B_Schmidt

Auditioning
I hope so. My yamaha 595a does a terrible job in stereo mode. Very harsh sounding. I have the Klipsch Synergy 6 setup with a 10" Polk subwoofer. Yep, low budget, but its my starter set. Everyone starts somewhere.
I found this stereo and the Rotel of America website says it was made in 1978? Im not sure that is the case because the receiver i bought is coming brand new in a box. Did they issue a classic series? Its rated at 20wpc. If i bought a peice of junk thats okay..it was cheap.
I also might have my hands on a classic Marantz 3100. Any thoughts on this one?
I want a nice stero setup, I most likely will purchase a set of klipsch reference RB-3's to go with the Rotel or the Marantz. Hope i made two good decesions......
Its late any misspellings i hope can be forgiven.
Thanks,
Nathan

Thomas_Berg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
no offense to you Nathan, but why do people continue to ask for advice on their purchase after it's been made??.
to answer your question though: to my knowledge, Rotel makes very quality products, as does Marantz. i particularly like the build quality from both manufacturers.
------------------
-Thomas
My HT
[Edited last by Thomas_Berg on November 10, 2001 at 04:37 AM]

Henry Carmona

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry Carmona
Hi Nathan,
Remember The Alamo!!
Not too familiar with pure "Stereo" receivers, but I do think Rotel makes good products. Not sure about your fancy with antique equiptment if anything other than collecting :)
Do you have any interest in Home Theater, or is it just in music?
And welcome to the Forum!
------------------
RobertDuvall.jpg
"Charlie don't surf."

Nathan_B_Schmidt

Auditioning
Well....i just recently found this forum. I would have asked before i bought, but since i really had no place or person to ask, i had to take a chance. I usually post my HT questions at Klipsch, but sometimes the forum there is not much help. Hopefully this will be a helpful place where i can get a few questions answered and mabye where i can help someone out.
Thanks for the reply

Nathan_B_Schmidt

Auditioning
My setup:
Toshiba 27AF61 Flat screen TV
Toshiba SD-3109 dvd player
Yahmaha 595a (soon to be upgraded, Denon perhaps)
Klipsch SB-1's fronts
Klipsch SC.5 center
Klipsch SS.5 surrounds
Polk PSW-350 (it was cheap, will be moved to rear sub when i can afford better)
This is a low end setup, i dont brag about what i have. I did work hard to get it though. Most of my interest is in HT, however i have always wanted a nice stereo set. Hopefully the Rotel will sound nice paired with RB-3's. I went classic because of price. I would love to afford more, but that will wait till i earn more MONEY. I am an electrician 23 years old, as soon as i take my exams i can afford to purchase better. When i am licensed, i get a nice pay raise and a promotion.
Thanks again for the replys.
Its late, i need to get to bed.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks