Rotel RX 402 stereo receiver on the way...good choice?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Nathan_B_Schmidt, Nov 10, 2001.

1. Nathan_B_Schmidt

Nathan_B_Schmidt Auditioning

I hope so. My yamaha 595a does a terrible job in stereo mode. Very harsh sounding. I have the Klipsch Synergy 6 setup with a 10" Polk subwoofer. Yep, low budget, but its my starter set. Everyone starts somewhere.
    I found this stereo and the Rotel of America website says it was made in 1978? Im not sure that is the case because the receiver i bought is coming brand new in a box. Did they issue a classic series? Its rated at 20wpc. If i bought a peice of junk thats okay..it was cheap.
    I also might have my hands on a classic Marantz 3100. Any thoughts on this one?
    I want a nice stero setup, I most likely will purchase a set of klipsch reference RB-3's to go with the Rotel or the Marantz. Hope i made two good decesions......
    Its late any misspellings i hope can be forgiven.
    Thanks,
    Nathan

2. Thomas_Berg

Thomas_Berg Screenwriter

Thomas
    no offense to you Nathan, but why do people continue to ask for advice on their purchase after it's been made??.
    to answer your question though: to my knowledge, Rotel makes very quality products, as does Marantz. i particularly like the build quality from both manufacturers.
    ------------------
    -Thomas
    My HT
    [Edited last by Thomas_Berg on November 10, 2001 at 04:37 AM]

3. Henry Carmona

Henry Carmona Screenwriter

Henry Carmona
    Hi Nathan,
    Remember The Alamo!!
    Not too familiar with pure "Stereo" receivers, but I do think Rotel makes good products. Not sure about your fancy with antique equiptment if anything other than collecting [​IMG]
    Do you have any interest in Home Theater, or is it just in music?
    And welcome to the Forum!
    ------------------
    [​IMG] "Charlie don't surf."

4. Nathan_B_Schmidt

Well....i just recently found this forum. I would have asked before i bought, but since i really had no place or person to ask, i had to take a chance. I usually post my HT questions at Klipsch, but sometimes the forum there is not much help. Hopefully this will be a helpful place where i can get a few questions answered and mabye where i can help someone out.
    Thanks for the reply

5. Nathan_B_Schmidt

My setup:
    Toshiba 27AF61 Flat screen TV
    Toshiba SD-3109 dvd player
    Yahmaha 595a (soon to be upgraded, Denon perhaps)
    Klipsch SB-1's fronts
    Klipsch SC.5 center
    Klipsch SS.5 surrounds
    Polk PSW-350 (it was cheap, will be moved to rear sub when i can afford better)
    This is a low end setup, i dont brag about what i have. I did work hard to get it though. Most of my interest is in HT, however i have always wanted a nice stereo set. Hopefully the Rotel will sound nice paired with RB-3's. I went classic because of price. I would love to afford more, but that will wait till i earn more MONEY. I am an electrician 23 years old, as soon as i take my exams i can afford to purchase better. When i am licensed, i get a nice pay raise and a promotion.
    Thanks again for the replys.
    Its late, i need to get to bed.

6. Henry Carmona

Henry Carmona Screenwriter

Henry Carmona