What's new

Rotel is the greatest! & 1090 & 1095 amp, Breaker trip solution... (1 Viewer)

Dennis B

Stunt Coordinator
Glauco,
I guess that explains the CAPS in your name... :D
Nice to hear there are other Brazilians around, even if they're living in NY. :D
Dennis

Legairre

Supporting Actor
Not sure if anyone cares, but this is just something to consider. The manual for the 1095 says it's power consumption is 800 watts. I wrote Rotel a few months ago and Rotel says the power consumption of the 1095 is closer to 1600 watts. They also said the 800 watt rating is a misprint. Just something to think about when you put a 1095 on a circuit with a buch of other equipment. Make no mistake. The 1095 draws some serious power and once you add a TV, DVD and a few other components. The breaker will pop. Give the 1095 it's own dedicated circuit and your problems will be gone. Also be carefull putting it on a shelf. It's heavy. I ended up making a stand for mine.
By the way. I just updated my site with a few 1095 pics. When I get home I'll throw some links in, so you can click on the pics and get large versions of the pics.
Just a little shameless self promotion.:D

Legairre

Supporting Actor
Glauco,
Nice rack.:emoji_thumbsup: I'm with you. I like keeping something so heavy down low.
Anyone out there have an amp in a closed cabinet? I'm just wondering about cooling.

DaleV

Agent
Have a new Parasound 2205AT in an entertainment center and it seems to be just fine. Heat not a problem, but I did take off the glass door. As a matter of the Onkyo 696 that I'm using for a pre/pro gets warmer than the Parasound. Going to upgrade the 696 to a dedicated pre/pro after getting Paradigm Ref speakers. Hopefully soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks