What's new

ROTEL: Anyone try the DB25 Connector? (1 Viewer)

Howdy!

I was just curious if anyone has connected their Rotel (or other DB25 ready) Components via the DB25 Connector...

I read a review the other day that claimed it didn't sound so clear compared to quality interconnects and if you are to go the DB25 route to get a better DB25 connector then the standard one that comes with the pre amp/amp.

I'm waiting on a 1095/1066 combo and wanted to get all my cables/connectors ready for their arrival.
Can anyone speak from experience?
Should I use the DB25 or go the other route..?

Thanx A Bunch!
Joseph

Levesque

Supporting Actor
It's a really good question, I will gladly like to hear the answer too. I've read somewhere (in a review), sorry can find the link, that it's affecting the sound if you use the DB25 connection. But is it "golden ear" hallucination? can't tell you... Damn! if I could find this article again! Maybe somoene can help us here?
I'm using 5 good RCA interconnect with mine.:D

Bob-N

Supporting Actor
I am also using good RCA interconnects (DIY Canare parts) vs. the DB25. I never intended to use the DB25 on my amp (985mk2) since my first choice was not the 1066.

DB cables are typically not built as well as good coax based cables in my experience.

Bob

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
a good question, but i think the DB cables don't need to be as robust.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks