ROTEL: Anyone try the DB25 Connector?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Joe Lauderdale, Nov 6, 2002.

1. Joe Lauderdale

Howdy!

I was just curious if anyone has connected their Rotel (or other DB25 ready) Components via the DB25 Connector...

I read a review the other day that claimed it didn't sound so clear compared to quality interconnects and if you are to go the DB25 route to get a better DB25 connector then the standard one that comes with the pre amp/amp.

I'm waiting on a 1095/1066 combo and wanted to get all my cables/connectors ready for their arrival.
    Can anyone speak from experience?
    Should I use the DB25 or go the other route..?

Thanx A Bunch!
    Joseph

2. Levesque

Levesque Supporting Actor

It's a really good question, I will gladly like to hear the answer too. I've read somewhere (in a review), sorry can find the link, that it's affecting the sound if you use the DB25 connection. But is it "golden ear" hallucination? can't tell you... Damn! if I could find this article again! Maybe somoene can help us here?
    I'm using 5 good RCA interconnect with mine.[​IMG]

3. Bob-N

Bob-N Supporting Actor

I am also using good RCA interconnects (DIY Canare parts) vs. the DB25. I never intended to use the DB25 on my amp (985mk2) since my first choice was not the 1066.

DB cables are typically not built as well as good coax based cables in my experience.

Bob

4. Chu Gai

Chu Gai Lead Actor

a good question, but i think the DB cables don't need to be as robust.