What's new

Rotel Amp Configuration? (1 Viewer)

Eric A

Second Unit
I currently have a Rotel RB985 running my center and surround sides and rears. I also have a Rotel RB981 running my mains. I have an opportunity to get a Rotel RBM1095. My question is would I be hurting myself if I got the 1095 and put it on my mains, center and sides and put the 981 on the rears? I have always wanted to keep a stereo amp on the mains for better separation. Would the 1095 be that much better of an amp than the 981 even though I would be running 5 channels and have less separation? Wattage is not a huge issue with my speakers. Thanks in advance.

Sihan Goi

Second Unit
I'm not sure how good of an amp the 981 is, but the 1095 is quite a bit better than the 985 that it replaced. It has twice the power to begin with. I had the chance to audition the 985 with the Anthem MCA5, and the Anthem MCA5 with the 1095, on separate occasions. The 985 was initially my choice of amplification, and against the MCA5, it produced a more boomy and less clear sound. Bass was more pronounced but might be overwhelming. However, the 1095 simply blew the MCA5 away, so I'd assume the 1095 is way beyond the 985's league.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks