What's new

Roseanne season 5 tent. date... but where is season 4? (1 Viewer)

Demis G

Second Unit
Real Name
Demetris G
In a recent article in TvShowsOnDVD for the Halloween Special DVD for Roseanne they mention a tentative release for Season 5 which is Sept 12th.

What happened to Season 4? They skipped it?
I would assume it was a typo on tvshowsondvd but is has been 2 days now and no correction made!

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=5770

Finally, according to reader Ed Slonina (thanks, Ed!), Anchor Bay is saying that we can tentatively expect the 5th Season set to arrive on or about Sept. 12th. Stay tuned and we'll try to get more for you about that, too!

ethanTo

Stunt Coordinator
YAY for Roseanne! I am looking forward to Bonnie's performances at the LoBo, I hope that's in season 4. She was great in the barbecue ep at the end of season 3 where she sang.

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
I love how swiftly these shows are being released. Season 4 this month, season 5 in September and (presumably) season 6 in December). Every three months a new season is released. I love it! It looks like this show will be completed by next year for sure.

As for the Halloween DVD release, I think it's a pretty good idea, considering those episodes were some of the best in the series. But since I'll own those episodes anyway in the season sets, not to mention we already own a couple, I see no need to buy it.

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
this is great, the best seasons will all be out by Christmas if all goes well. Roseanne is my all time favorite sitcom and I intend on getting all nine seasons, but seasons four to six were just magical. However, I don't hate seasons 8 and 9 like many people do.

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
Was there a Halloween one for season one? If so... it'd be uncut on this Halloween release.

Also, there are supposed to be commentary tracks on some of these by Roseanne. Probably still not worth the purchase for me though.

ethanTo

Stunt Coordinator
Hi jay b! (from the buffy thread)!

I too love Roseanne, and place it in the highest sitcom esteem with Seinfeld, and nothing else even coming close. I don't know if I'd be able to rank them 1 and 2 though. :) I was surprised to pick up an Entertainment Weekly off the shelf a while ago and they had ranked Roseanne as the #1 sitcom of the 90s above Seinfeld (#2); I would have thought most people would have put Seinfeld in first, then Roseanne. (Friends was third, I don't care for it.)

Anyways, yes the brisk pace is really nice.

Oh yeah, and I really didn't like season 9, after seeing it recently. :P

But I'll still buy it!

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
I agree with you Ethan, Roseanne and Seinfeld are also the alpha and omega of 90's sitcoms in my book. I like Roseanne better but Seinfeld is definately a strong #2 for the 90's (I'd probably rank Golden Girls #2 of all sitcoms, but Seinfeld would definately be in my top 5 sitcoms), no other sitcom from the decade ranks anywhere up there to me, Friends is okay but I wouldn't consider it an all time favorite.

MichaelFA

Stunt Coordinator
I probably will buy this set because if there is ONE person I'd love to hear episode commentaries with, it IS Roseanne. I really can't think of anyone else I'd realllllllllllllllllllly like commentaries from.

Jay_B!

Screenwriter

same here, I'm also very happy she's putting a lot of imput into this set. She did stuff for one but not 2 and 3. Hopefully this is the beginning of a new trend.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks