What's new

Ron, how long till you have the Harry Potter DVD review?? (1 Viewer)

Terrell

Senior HTF Member
I really liked this movie. But from what I've heard, this DVD is not nearly what it could have or should have been. Let's just hope an amazing ee-free anamorphic transfer and kick ass DTS and DD tracks make up for the stuff it's lacking.

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
I heard that the extras are more 'kid oriented' and lack 'substance'... but as long as the film is presented with good picture and sound (preferably reference ;) )... I'll be happy :)
I'm off to play quiddich ;)

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
Well, it is Warner. Their track record for transfers and sound is almost perfect lately. I expect reference quality presentaion on the film....Now for the extras???

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
We were promised to be sent the DVD a

mere 2 weeks prior to its release.

That's very small window.

I did, however, just receive the Press

kit a few days ago, so I am hoping that

the DVD itself is only a week or two away.

Sean Oneil

Supporting Actor
The last I heard, there was no DTS on this one.. Although I would be very happy if there were.

I expect that this will be nothing less than reference picture quality. For the last several months, Warner has been putting out transfers of a quality that no other studio can touch IMHO.

I was thinking just the other night how I would not mind if they put out a remaster of 'The Matrix'. I would love to see that movie with a transfer as clean as the newer Warner stuff, like Training Day, and Driven.

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
Well it is a kids movie....
Pete,

As was Shrek, but Dreamworks did a stunning job of appealing to both parties with that disc's extras. I had hoped Warner would learn something from that discs, but hey, whilst the Potter supplements mark one hell of a missed opportunity, my highest priotity in the release is image and sound presentation of the movie itself.

Dan

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Warner seems to have forgotten or just ignored the fact that the Potter books appeal to as many adults as children.
The film itself as geared a bit more towards children but I wouldn't classify it as strictly a childrens film.
The fact that it is the second highest grossing film of all time with close to a billion dollars worldwide, right behind Titanic, indicates a much more diverse demographic.
Let's hope the DVD release of Chamber Of Secrets rectifies this.:)

Elbert Lee

Supporting Actor
probably a $75 boxed edition that will have the dvd, folded poster, CD movie soundtrack and limited edition postcard.....sorry but no extras (nice box though)

Elbert

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks