What's new

Roger Perry. Classic TV and Film Actor Dies at 85 (1 Viewer)

Blimpoy06

Screenwriter
Real Name
Darin
Classic television and film actor Roger Perry has passed away at the age of 85 from complications of cancer. It happened on Thursday, but I just read about it today.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/n...trek-munsters-facts-life-actor-was-85-1127047

img20180715_05381626.jpg

Known to most Star Trek fans as Captain John Christopher in the episode "Tomorrow Is Yesterday". I liked him as one of the few people to out wit Andy Taylor in the episode of The Andy Griffith Show "Don't Miss A Good Bet".
vlcsnap-2018-07-15-05h45m09s496.png

Jeff*H

Premium
Real Name
Jeff
Roger Perry also appeared in several of my favorite classic shows, including SIX MILLION DOLLAR MAN (“Peeping Blonde” and “Privacy of the Mind”) and HAWAII FIVE-O (“Ready...Aim...”). I think he was in BIONIC WOMAN as well.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
I had the pleasure of meeting him and his wife Joyce Bulifant last year at the Disneyana Fan Club 50th Anniversary for The Happiest Millionaire, which she was in. He was very nice and seemed in decent health, so it's sad news to hear about, especially to someone who grew up with the Facts of Life when it was still on the air.*

*She was on the show once after he left.

swan4022

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ron
By coincidence, I just happened to watch a Season 2 episode of The Bob Newhart Show on Saturday, where Roger Perry is terrific as the psychologist two floors up who is seeing Bob as a patient but doesn't want anyone in the office to know, so he always puts on a fake funny demeanor when he comes and goes. I'm so appreciative of these actors who could guest star with seeming ease on such varied shows, where they often had just minutes of screen-time to make a lasting impression on us. And they did.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
Was previously married to Jo Anne Worley ("Laugh-In") before Bulifant.

He had a decent guest star presence in the vintage TV I've seen but never struck me as someone capable of being a bigger lead, co-star type on TV. When I had a chance to compare the two versions of "The Eleventh Hour" pilot in which scenes originally with Richard Chamberlain's Dr. Kildare were reshot with Perry, that point was driven home.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks