What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Rising Sun-16:9? (1 Viewer)

Nick Eden

Stunt Coordinator
Anyone know whether the Sean Connery/Wesley Snipes DVD Rising Sun is 16:9 enhanced? It only seems to indicate on the case that it is widescreen.

Robin_B

Stunt Coordinator
I was just in my local Wal-Mart and saw a 2 DVD set with Rising Sun and Sugar Hill and the case lists both as anamorphic. Is this true? New print? or yet another case of the company screwing up the specs listings.

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
With a $6.99 sale at Circuit City this week, I wanted to answer this question since I now know the answer.

Here is yet another case of poor quality control for a simple spec listing. Rising Sun is not anamorphic widescreen.

I picked up The Edge and Great Expectations (1998) expecting new anamorphic widescreen transfers as the back cover states. However, neither of them are anamorphic widescreen.

20th Century Fox Home Entertainment: Will you please do better with your labeling? Several of your TV DVDs are anamorphic yet it does not specify that they are. Several of your movie DVDs are non-anamorphic yet it says that they are!

Antony James

Stunt Coordinator
Rising Sun is anamorphic in pretty much every region except 1, so far as I can tell.

Y'might wanna pick up an import. Even then, I recall my R4 as being pretty lackluster (quite an old release) but still, at least having it in anamorphic is better than nothing. :)

Frank@N

Screenwriter
Apparently RS is coming out on HD (same transfer but 16x9).

Too bad they blew the DVD, most of the time you can count on the DVD being almost as good (with upconversion on smaller HDTVs).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quinnedunn
Recent bookmarks