What's new

3D Rise of the Guardians (3D Blu-ray Combo) (Blu-ray Combo) available for preorder (1 Viewer)

Ruly2

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Josh
FINAL BLURAY COVERS
37ae68ca_Riseoftheguardiansbluray.jpeg

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
Now if that were simply the sleeve, and what is pictured above is the actual cover, that would be extremely cool.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Since I didn't have a review to work on today, I found time to watch this. It was an OK feature; some problems in the storytelling but with some excellent voice work, especially from Chris Pine, Alec Baldwin, and Jude Law. The 3D was nicely rendered with a few forward projections but not to the extent of some of Dreamworks' other top titles.But the sound (Dolby TrueHD 7.1) was simply amazing, among the most active and effective soundstages I've heard on a Blu-ray disc.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
I really enjoyed this one. It's not going to poke your eye out, but neither is it as subtle as a Pixar 3D film. The voice casting is excellent all around: the above, plus Hugh Jackman, Isla Fisher, and the child voice actors give the film some solid dramatic depth in addition to the stereoscopic depth. There were a handful of storytelling issues, but nothing that took me out of the movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks