What's new

REVENGE OF THE SITH DVD Review up and running...(let the flood begin)(SNEAK LOOK POST #146)... (1 Viewer)

Sev Bragg

Stunt Coordinator
Padme pushes in ATOC that instantly gives her whatever information she wants,

You mean the ENTER button?

Sev Bragg

Stunt Coordinator
That's the way I always thought of it, she presses other buttons in between, but they just show her hitting the enter button.

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
The other buttons might be commands and shortcuts, not letters. Surely they know of macros in the Star Wars universe ;)

Thanks for reminding me why I both love and hate Star Wars fandom, guys.

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover

I agree with Richard's disagreement. :D I LOVE the new SE Jedi ending music. Has that meloncholy and personal feel to it that the SAGA needed. The only thing from the OT Jedi ending that I really, really miss is Luke's wink and nod to Anakin, Yoda, and OBW.

Don't get disenchanted yet Ricardo. There's more to come after November 1. :b

Dharmesh C

Supporting Actor

Oh boy, he tampered with a heavy hand, even telling the DP how to light the forest tree tops at night. :thumbsdown: The DP said that the tree tops would disappear into the background but Lucas wouldn't listen.

Later...

...at the dailies, oh I can't see the top of the trees, it's blended into the background!
:rolleyes
:laugh:

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Obi-Wan died old and was shown old at the end of Jedi. Anakin also died old, so why was he shown young at the end of Jedi?

What?

Cory S.

Supporting Actor
He was shown young at the end of Jedi because metaphorically, that was the last time we saw Anakin Skywalker.

Those years under the iron lung don't count according to Obi-Wan, Yoda, and Qui-Gon.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
I thought that might be the case but it really doesn't fit. After all he did remove the mask and confess to his evil ways so technically, that is the last time we see the human Anakin and not Vader.

Is there any mention of this in the new trilogy?

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
Of course, the reason Lucas did it in reality was that he wanted Anakin to be familiar to the audience. I suspect he may have considered de-aging Obi-Wan and Yoda as well but that would have opened up a whole can of worms with designing a young Yoda. Since the audience is familiar with Yoda as a 900-year-old and Obi-Wan as he appeared in the later three episodes, it's easy to see how the "your soul dies when you embrace the dark side" explaination was created to allow Anakin to appear young while the other two don't.

Cory S.

Supporting Actor
Well, see Lucas sees Anakin as he was in Episode III. When the mask is removed, that person, while returned to the light isn't the Anakin of legend.

In the OS databank, it states that when Anakin died on the second Death Star, Yoda and Obi-Wan were waiting for him and returned him to the form of when he was a Jedi...sort of like a reward for fulfilling the destiny...eventhough you took 20 plus years to do it.

As far as it being mentioned in the Prequels...yes, actually. The end scene between Yoda and Obi-Wan pretty much explains it. It's not explicit until we get to Episode IV when Obi-Wan disappears.

In the script, it was very explicit. But, I see Lucas' reasoning here. He barely mentions it in Episode III. Cut to the scene in Episode IV and we get what Yoda was talking about aboard the Blockade Runner.

Lucas reasoning is that he's making this trilogy for the generation who will see these films as one. It's much better to let Obi-Wan'a actions in Episode IV explain what Yoda was talking about in Episode III. It still leaves it as a surprise...somewhat.

RickHeart

Agent
The Lucas apologists are funny.

It's entertaining seeing people bend over backwards filling in the blanks to explain the inconsistencies Lucas couldn't, or wouldn't, explain on, um, film.

Cory S.

Supporting Actor
Explain how a opinion can be called apologizing?

That's how I saw it and I'm sure that was Lucas' thought when it came to this particular decision. As much as Episode III is the answers film, did it really need to explicitly explain everything in Star Wars?

RickHeart

Agent

Huh?

This is how muddled the PT's have made Star Wars. We have gone from rescuing the Princess and destroying the Death Star to "We must capture the Viceroy"! Huh? WTF?

Kevin Lamb

Second Unit
Real Name
Kevin Lamb

In the ROTJ novelization when the mask is taken off it says Anakin wished that Luke didn't have to see him like that, that somehow Luke could see him as he was in his prime.

Now that we actually know what Anakin looked like in his prime I think its cool and fitting that the spirit was changed.

Before someone posted those lines from the ROTJ novelization last year I just chalked it up to "residual self image" a la The Matrix. Anakin never saw himself as a fully human and unscarred adult all those years so his ghost reflected the identity that he associated with himself.

Either one works just as well for me.

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C

Trolls who think of themselves as being above it all, but who are nonetheless unable to stay away from this sort of discussion, are even funnier.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gigaspin88
Recent bookmarks