What's new

Interview Lucasfilm on Star Wars the Complete Saga Blu-ray: Hands on Report (2 Viewers)

montrealfilmguy

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ben Weaver
Foxy, I remember it quite clearly. Jabba says a few lines in Huttese,and then licks his own lips,which has the effect of grossing Leia out because she's really in a close-up shot near the lips.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Originally Posted by Douglas Monce

That depended on if it were owned by a company or the copyright was owned by an individual author. Corporation was around 20 years, if it was the author it was 20 years after the author's death.

Doug

Ah. That's what I get for reading Wikipedia too fast :)

In all this, the talk is as if Lucas personally owns the copyright on Star Wars. Is that the case? Is it, literally, "his" film? Or is it held by LucasFilm or Fox or such corporation?

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
DaveF said:

In all this, the talk is as if Lucas personally owns the copyright on Star Wars. Is that the case? Is it, literally, "his" film? Or is it held by LucasFilm or Fox or such corporation?

Lucasfilm Limited is the owner of everything Star Wars and George Lucas is the head of that company. Lucas has always owned all the sequels and prequels. And I belive that prior to The Phantom Menace, Fox gave LFL the rights to the first movie in exchange for the rights to distribute the prequels.

Douglas Monce

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Douglas Monce
DaveF said:

Well the copyright is registered to Lucasfilm, which is a limited corporation with one stock holder, George Lucas. So yes it is literally his film, lock stock and barrel. Doug

Douglas Monce

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Douglas Monce
TravisR said:
Lucasfilm Limited is the owner of everything Star Wars and George Lucas is the head of that company. Lucas has always owned all the sequels and prequels. And I belive that prior to The Phantom Menace, Fox gave LFL the rights to the first movie in exchange for the rights to distribute the prequels.
That was my understanding of the deal they struck with Lucas for Empire also. It was also the deal that cost Alan Ladd Jr. his job. Doug

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks