What's new

Rescent upgrade ONKYO reciver..good choce? (1 Viewer)

Eduardo Ma

Grip
Hello

This is my first post ....
I just made my reciver upgrade today.
Got ONKYO TX-SR700 , previous reciver I had: ONKYO TX-DS747

Prices here are a joke, I bought it today because at this department store..... we only have (2 brands nationwide) they had the 12 month easy payments without interest in all the electronic department. The offer ended today so it was now or never.

During these dyas I read a lot about recivers, basically the 700 and the 600 Onkyos, tought the 700 was good as it has basically the same features as the 747 but with the huge difference: DTS plus, 10 more watt power plus other extar goodies; took the shot for the 700, dont need more like the 800 or higher models.
Besides higer models prices are INSANE!

Was a good choice?

O yeah! my setup
Sony 29" Wega
Speakers:Bose Acoutimass 10 + a 12" plus HTS-12" Cerwin Vega
Friends dont kill me for having the Bose´s
Im very pleased with them.

Cheers from Mexico City
Ed

BTW: want to know the out of this world prices that we the mexicans pay? (converted already in USD)

For the 700 payed $1086 see the 12 month thing?
Yes I know that in the US thsi unit is half price or less :-(

For the $600 price was $702.50

Already have a friend who is interested in my 747 for $400 USD! can you belive that?
:angry:

MikeRP

Supporting Actor
Eduardo:

I'm sure the Onkyo is a good receiver! It was on my short list when I purchased. I had a 595 for a while and it was great! Also, I had the AM-10's and a sub and with the 595 the system was very respectable. My friends loved it but I got the upgraditus bug and spent another $2000 on speakers.

They are much better BUT there is only a few who would notice. Besides the Bose definitely have the WAF thing hands down!

Anyway, glad your on the forum from Mexico! I've seen some of your posts here and on other forums I think. Hope you guys in Mexico don't hate us Americans as much as our media says!

Mike:)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks