What's new

Reputable place to buy Panasonic RP-91 Online? (1 Viewer)

Eugene Hsieh

Supporting Actor
Got my RP91 Champagne today locally, just north of Toronto. CAD$695 (US$452) They don't ship, which is probably a good thing since they don't take returns either (unless it's defective).
This thing is better than I thought. I have a direct view 34" widescreen with built-in line doubler, and the image out of the Panny is superior. And, my Toshiba locks into widescreen mode when it gets a progressive signal, so the aspect resizing function of the Panasonic is welcome even though it's only mediocrely implemented (limited sizes, subtitles get cut off). Also, the presence of both an optical out and coax digital out is a life saver. (I will not buy a DVD player without both.) I hate the menu system. Complicated, and the icons suck. But it's certainly better than my Apex.
My all region version of Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon had lots of MPEG artifacts on both my cheapo Apex and on my RCA. They are much less noticeable on the Panasonic.
And of course, I'm listening to MP3 on the thing (off CD-R) at the moment. :D
Hmmm... what to do... that now brings me to 5 DVD players in my 2 bedroom townhouse.
rolleyes.gif

P.S. I picked up an electronic rice cooker (Panasonic/National SR-MM10N) at the same time. I swear, this thing is more complicated than some of my stereo equipment. Goes well with my Samsung vacuum cleaner though.
Oh and I almost forgot. When I drove home, I came across a Corvette with "Paradigm" as the licence plate. One of the owners/employees of this illustrious company???

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks