Reputable place to buy Panasonic RP-91 Online?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Andy_S, Jul 26, 2001.

1. Andy_S

Andy_S Second Unit

I've seen them in home audio stores for around $700. I've seen them online for as low as $439US but I'm wary when the prices are that much less. Is there a place online that can be trusted that sells it for less than what the B&M stores have them for?
    ------------------
    Check out my home-built mame cabinet here!

2. Eugene Hsieh

Eugene Hsieh Supporting Actor

For US$700, that is simply a ripoff. Maybe pricing is different in Canada, but in B&M stores they have been ranging from CAD$700 (I'm told) to CAD$900. Thats US$455 to US$585. An online price of US$439 seems reasonable to me.
    ------------------

3. JerryHatchett

JerryHatchett Stunt Coordinator

A friend of mine just ordered one from OneCall.com for high $400s. Can't remember exact price.
    ------------------

4. Joseph S

Joseph S Cinematographer

Well, I'm not sure about reputable. However I have been waiting over a month for my order from ecost.com at $481 (all fees).
    The order now says in-process, but as seeing how they only list the champagne unit in stock I'm wondering if they're sending me the wrong unit.
    Maybe they only got enough to cover the backorders, but I'll be suspicious until it arrives. Good luck.

5. Andy_S

Andy_S Second Unit

That's what I'm afraid of. I don't want to wait a month to get it from online. The only big chain that sells it is Amazon.com and they have it listed for $700 also (free shipping). How can there be such a price discrepancy and why don't larger sites (buy.com, 800.com, etc) carry them?
    ------------------
    Check out my home-built mame cabinet here!

6. Richard Travale

Richard Travale Producer

Rich Travale
    Eugene, where have you heard of this for $700 canadian?
    Rich
    ------------------
    "A) You can never go too far and B) If I'm going to get busted it is NOT going to be by a guy like DAT."
    My Website

7. Jeremy West

Jeremy West Auditioning

Called OneCall on Tuesday, verbally received great price, placed order, received player Thursday.
    Very smooth transaction!
    Was my 1st time buying on-line, hesitant to use some of the usual listed etailer's but OneCall had a good rep and I felt confident.
    Would definitely purchase from OneCall again.

8. Andy_S

Andy_S Second Unit

9. Andrew Beacom

Andrew Beacom Supporting Actor

I ordered the black one on Monday from One Call and got an email last night confirming that it had been shipped. The Fedex status report says it left the Fedex dock in Seattle this morning.
    I spoke with Jason at one call. Everything has been fine so far. I was wary about online dealers but the good rep that One Call has and Jason's participation over at Home Theater Spot persuaded me.

10. Jeremy West

Jeremy West Auditioning

"In today's fast paced technological environment the relative value of models, features and pricing are ever changing. Our goal is to earn your business, please call us to speak to one of our non-commissioned sales counselors who will be glad to provide you with the most current pricing and product information."
    "Please Call 1.800.340.4770
    or E-mail us for details."
    Prices change. Call OneCall for the best current price. JerryHatchett already posted an indication of what you might be looking at.

11. Eugene Hsieh

Eugene Hsieh Supporting Actor

Richard, this is a brick and mortar store just outside of Toronto where someone here got it for around that price. I will be going there today to check it out, but I don't think they'll ship. I'll ask though. Email/PM me if you want the name and details.
    ------------------

12. JerryE

JerryE Agent

I'd also like to recommend OneCall.com and ditto everything Andrew just posted (called Monday, shipped Wednesday, received email, etc).
    One footnote - the only reason it shipped Wednesday rather than on Monday when I called is because OneCall just got a shipment of the black units on Wednesday. I'll have mine tomorrow by COB and could not have been happier with the transaction and dealing w/ Jason @ One Call.
    ------------------

13. Kishu

Kishu Stunt Coordinator

Onecall is no doubt a reputable dealer. I believe the lowest price from them is around $490ish delivered. I bought mine from Joe, of Sammans, a store out of NJ (1-800-444-6300)for $475 delivered. On the 2nd day when my RP91 died, they replaced it with a new one (had to pay for shipping and also wait for 5 days for new one to arrive)-excellent service.
    Cheer,
    Kishore
    [Edited last by Kishu on July 26, 2001 at 03:59 PM]

14. Kishu

Kishu Stunt Coordinator

double post- sorry
    [Edited last by Kishu on July 26, 2001 at 03:58 PM]

15. Craig

Craig Second Unit

I've purchased several DVD players and a video camera from OneCall and recommend them highly.
    FYI, OneCall is the internet side of a brick & mortar store. You'll get a receipt with the store's name and address on it. I had warranty work on one DVD player and there were no questions asked when I presented the receipt.

16. Steve_D

Steve_D Second Unit

jandr.com has them for $499, and they are an authorized Pana dealer so no warranty worries. They've been around as a catalog store forever, but I've not ordered from them yet.
    ------------------
    http://www.sdiver.org

17. Carlo Medina

Carlo Medina Executive Producer

My dealerwww.yawaonline.com is an authorized Panasonic dealer. You may want to email them for a price quote.
    ------------------
    My dealer of choice (especially if you live in So-Cal, I highly recommend them): www.yawaonline.com

18. Scott Gaffney

Got mine last week from etronics.com for $466 delivered! they shipped it quickly and double-boxed. I have no complaints, yet. now, of course, if it dies, and they hassle me for a replacement, i might change my mind. but, i'm happy so far.
    good luck!
    sdg
    ------------------

19. Steve Bak

Steve Bak Auditioning

I just purchased one from More Audio. The unit was deffective on Delivery. They refused to exchange it. Now I have to wait to have my new player be repaired. DON'T BUY FROM MORE AUDIO! Look at the dealers return policy and defect policy. I'm pretty pissed at them.

20. Henry W

Henry W Stunt Coordinator

After buying from onecall.com I'll never buy on line again. I strongly recommend buying from a local retailor. I can't say anything kind about Jason so I'll say no more than I was totally dissatisfied with my experiences with onecall.com and Jason.
    Best regards-Henry
    ------------------