What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Repo! The Genetic Opera Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

MattFini

Supporting Actor
I'm not surprised that there hasn't been a topic about this one yet since Lionsgate essentially dumped it on disc yesterday with very little fanfare.

I picked up the Blu and while I haven't had the time to watch the whole thing, the sound and picture were excellent. Vibrant colors, good contrast and no artificial enhancement that I could see.

As for the movie itself, if you haven't heard about it, I would definitely recommend checking it out. It's a horror musical set in a dystopic future where organ failure has become an epidemic. It's got some fun FX work, good music and a terrific cast (even Paris Hilton isn't terrible).

It won't be everyone's cup of tea, but it certainly deserved better than the limp theatrical release it got.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
HTF just got our review copy this week and it is on it's way out to a reviewer, so one should be posted in a few days.

Ed Speir IV

Stunt Coordinator
I love this film. Saw it twice at the theater (it was playing at the Plaza Theater in Atlanta) and last night on Blu-Ray. I hope it picks up a following on DVD/Blu-Ray so we can possibly see a director's cut down the road.

Also, I was surprised to learn that three of the songs are in the running to possibly be nominated for an Oscar (there are 49 total under consideration) - Zydrate Anatomy, Chase the Morning and Chromaggia.

I challenge anyone to watch this movie without getting "Zydrate Anatomy" stuck in their head!!

Swanny

Agent
Real Name
Johon
Can't wait to see this weekend! Film is getting huge word of mouth.

Swanny

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Areles
Recent bookmarks