What's new

repairing divets made by a truck in my front lawn (1 Viewer)

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
So I get home tonight and a truck backed over my curb on the corner of my lot and left deep divets in my front lawn. Needless to say I'm quite pissed. Looks like he just missed driving over 2 of my sprinkler heads too! Whats the best way to repair these? Fill in the tracks with dirt and hope the grass goes in? Should I try and cut the sod that's been pushed down and lift it up then fill in soil underneath it?

BrettB

Senior HTF Member
Should I try and cut the sod that's been pushed down and lift it up then fill in soil underneath it?
That's what I'd do. Should be pretty simple. Filling in with dirt is fine but it would take a few weeks for the grass to fill in.

David Preston

Supporting Actor
If you have Bermuda grass I beleive you can also use sand. If the grass is established where you can't pull it up you can put a little sand on it. Then wait a week and put little more and do this till its all even. I had to do this because some one ran off the driveway and made a hole in my yard. You can't even tell now where it was.

Ralph Summa

Supporting Actor
I had a tree crew come in my yard last year after a long period of rain. The tire tracks were wide and deep. I filled the depressions in with top soil, leveled it off and and threw grass seed down. I used some starter ferterlizer too. It looks great now. I seeded a few feet outside the damaged area just so the new grass transitioned well with my old grass. Grass should come up within 7 to 10 days.

Ralph

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
Its st. augustine grass and the tracks are rather deep. I'm gonna go pick up some soil today and try and repair it tonight afterwork.

I take it that Mike isn't a golfer?
I've got clubs, but I don't play much at all. I'm much better at making the divets and hitting various houses, markers, grounds keepers, etc. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks