What's new

My bedroom setup (1 Viewer)

3dbinCanada

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ted
Here are some pics of my system in my bedroom. My late wife hated that I had the equipment on the dresser and she gave me the idea to partially repurpose the dresser. I had to remove the 3 drawers in the middle to accomodate the equipment as well as removing the back panel as well because the AVR was too deep. After my wife passed, I pushed the bed over to the other side of the wall and I put up the surrounds. When I watch movies or listen to music, I pull the lazy-boy out in front of the night stand. It has felt pads underneath so its really easy to move. You will see in pics 5 and 6 where I had placed the sub. Its no longer there. I moved in the corner behind the lazy-boy.
Bedroom-2.jpg Bedroom-3.jpg Bedroom-4.jpg bedroom-6.jpg bedroom-9.JPG bedroom-10.JPG bedroom-11.JPG bedroom-14.JPG bedroom-15.JPG bedroom-16.JPG bedroom-17.JPG

I used REW to find the new spot mentioned above in the room for the subwoofer.

Here's are REW measurements. The red plot is where I had the sub before using REW to relocate the sub. The green plot shows the response with the sub at the new location.
Difference between old and new sub location.jpg

Attachments

• Bedroom-5.jpg
    Bedroom-5.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 88

3dbinCanada

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ted
finally took some time to replace the PSB Alphas used as surrounds to Alpha Minis

Here are the size differences... The Alphas to the left, the Minis to the right

IMG_6127.jpg IMG_6128.jpg IMG_6130.jpg

Before replacement
bedroom-14.JPG

After replacment
IMG_6131.jpg

3dbinCanada

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ted
I picked this used sub for $200 to replace my old PSB Subsonic 5 a ported design with a 10" driver in my bedroom. It works really well for both music and HT.
IMG_6925.jpg
IMG_6926.jpg
IMG_6927.jpg
IMG_6928.jpg

The SubSonic 7 was the flagship subwoofer of the PSB line. It measures 17.5 inches wide, 19 inches tall and 17.5 inches deep including 1 inch for feet, a basic cube weighing just a little under 60 pounds. The SubSonic 7 has a single 15-inch driver with a rated frequency range of 22Hz to 150Hz, with a low frequency cutoff of 18Hz at –10dB. The SubSonic 7 is driven by an internal MOSFET power amplifier, which is capable of 330 watts continuous and as much as 1200 watts dynamic peak power, able to deliver as much as 112 dB of sound pressure.

In room measurement responses will be taken on the next rainy day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goldeck
Recent bookmarks