What's new

removing Connoisseur faceplate (1 Viewer)

Robert_Z

Screenwriter
I bought a pair of used Energy C-1s on eBay. They sound great, but one of the tweeters is dented. I was hoping to use these without the grills, so I am trying to get into the speaker to push the tweeter back out. I unscrewed the faceplate, but it is still holding on tight...must be glued. I then went in from behind, moved the insulation out of the way, but saw that the tweeter is in its own self-enclosure. Therefore, I can't reach it from behind the speaker. Can any speaker experts out there help me? Thanks.

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
Robert,

Better than tape, use a vacuum cleaner. That way you won't have to touch the dome at all.

Robert_Z

Screenwriter
Tape and vaccuum did not work. No response yet from Energy. Any other suggestions?

Shawn Solar

Supporting Actor
The old energy ex:l series' tweeter locks into the front baffle. A twist in the right direction(or left) will unlock it. give it a try.

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Robert,

You will not have access to the back of the tweeter’s dome by removing it from the faceplate. That would require disassembling the tweeter itself – not the kind of thing you want to mess with.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Robert_Z

Screenwriter
Wayne,

I was afraid of that. It sucks that they make these tweeters so delicate. Oh well, the grills stay on, and life goes on, too. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks