What's new

Removing 2 Second Gap When Burning CDs w/ WMP9 (1 Viewer)

Chuck C

Senior HTF Member
I just downloaded the Nero plugin for windows media player 9 that supposedly has options to remove the 2 second gap that WMP would otherwise automatically put between tracks. But I can't figure out what's going on here. Advise me!

Mike~Sileck

Supporting Actor
Not quite sure about that but iTunes does it for free and the option to take any gap out of cd's is very clear...

Not sure if its a possibility or not, but just figured I'd let you know.

Mike

JohanD

Stunt Coordinator
If it was me, I wouldn't use WMP9 to burn audio discs. Download the nero trial version and see if it does what you want.

I'm not too familiar with the nero plugin for WMP9, but I would check the documentation associated with it to see if you can select that option. (I have taken the gap out with several stand alone burning packages)

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
I use MusicMatch Jukebox to burn music and with that the default is to not have a gap at all. You have to physically go in and select to have a 2 second gap inserted.

Bruce

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
I'm not familiar with the Nero plugin, but I can tell you that on the full fledged Nero suite, selecting "disc at once" from the Nero Burning Rom program is NOT enough to generate gap free discs.

In fact the option to not have gaps is not even included in the "Nero Burning Rom" program, it is only available -- as a checkbox -- if one launches the "Nero Start Smart" interface which in turn launches the "Nero Express" part of the program.

"Nero Start Smart" > highlight the Audio CD icon > Choose "Make An Audio CD" > on the lower right corner of the "Nero Express: My Audio CD" panel which then appears, look for the checkbox "No Pause Between Tracks".

Another way to get to it if you accidentally start the "Nero Burning Rom" instead of the "Nero Start Smart" interface, is to look for the button marked "Nero Express", which switches you away from Nero Burning Rom and puts you into Nero Express: My Audio CD instead. I have no idea why the Nero Burning Rom program doesn't include this much-used option.

I dont know if any of that applies. I mention it only because perhaps Nero IS deleting the 2 seconds of empty space... and replacing it with about 3 seconds of empty space!

Chuck C

Senior HTF Member
ah, thanks for the replies...looks like I'll have to check out some new software

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks