What's new

Reign of Fire Disc Problems? (1 Viewer)

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Anyone having any problems with this dvd, or have I just gotten a bad one from the batch? When I first inserted the dvd my Panasonic A110 said no disc. I ejected and the disc looked emaculate. Tried it again, still no disc, a third time and it worked. The movie played without a hitch.

After the movie, I turned the player off, leaving the disc in the machine. Later, I turned the player on and it said no disc. Ejected and closed and again no disc. Did it once more and it played fine.

MattHR

Screenwriter
Sounds like the 110 is ready to retire. I had similar
problems with my old 110, and it wasn't worth having repaired, since it was over 5 years old.

Scott Barnhart

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Scott
I just watched this DVD on a Panasonic RP-82 and it worked fine, w/o any problems whatsoever.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Probably the player. It does the same in my A112, though I've had all sorts of "non-readable" disc problems since I tried to play "Monsters, Inc." a few months ago. Before that, the player was flawless. :confused:

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I'm not having any problems with other DVDs, including Monsters, Inc. If its the player, then this is the first time I've had the problem. And it eventually does play the dvd.

Randy Schissler

Stunt Coordinator
I have a Toshiba player I remember having a problem with that disc. The player froze at one point during the movie, and I had to restart and advance past that one point.

--Randy Schissler

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks