Reign of Fire Disc Problems?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Johnny Angell, Jan 4, 2003.

1. Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell Played With Dinosaurs Member

Johnny Angell
    Anyone having any problems with this dvd, or have I just gotten a bad one from the batch? When I first inserted the dvd my Panasonic A110 said no disc. I ejected and the disc looked emaculate. Tried it again, still no disc, a third time and it worked. The movie played without a hitch.

After the movie, I turned the player off, leaving the disc in the machine. Later, I turned the player on and it said no disc. Ejected and closed and again no disc. Did it once more and it played fine.

2. MattHR

MattHR Screenwriter

Sounds like the 110 is ready to retire. I had similar
    problems with my old 110, and it wasn't worth having repaired, since it was over 5 years old.

3. Scott Barnhart

Scott Barnhart Stunt Coordinator

I just watched this DVD on a Panasonic RP-82 and it worked fine, w/o any problems whatsoever.

4. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Executive Producer

Malcolm
    Probably the player. It does the same in my A112, though I've had all sorts of "non-readable" disc problems since I tried to play "Monsters, Inc." a few months ago. Before that, the player was flawless. [​IMG]

5. Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell Played With Dinosaurs Member

Johnny Angell
    I'm not having any problems with other DVDs, including Monsters, Inc. If its the player, then this is the first time I've had the problem. And it eventually does play the dvd.

6. Randy Schissler

Randy Schissler Stunt Coordinator

I have a Toshiba player I remember having a problem with that disc. The player froze at one point during the movie, and I had to restart and advance past that one point.

--Randy Schissler