What's new

Registering DVD Profiler? (1 Viewer)

Tom Scholfield

Stunt Coordinator
Is it worth it to Register DVD Profiler, I am probably going to just so the guys can keep up the good work just wondering if it is going to make that much of a difference. Give me some opinions baby!

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
Feature-wise, if you have a huge collection, love getting things before other people or just hate ads, it's very useful. The newest version (still in beta) adds an upcoming-releases section for premium users as well.

At any rate, they need the money, so pony up.

Rob Speicher

Supporting Actor
I was already using DVD Profiler for about a year before I registered. What bothered me was that I had to use a different nickname than what I generally use - there was no way that I saw to transfer the registration to my existing account.

Other than that, a one-time fee to both support the software and get a few more features is worth it.

EdwardKarlinski

Stunt Coordinator
Yes, pay the money. You get high resolution cover scans, no ads, and virtually unlimited upload capacity for your collection. In addition, premium members can download beta versions which is a nice treat.

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, the betas for registered users are a nice extra, and for $25 for a lifetime subscription to keep these guys operating and running the database, it's a steal.

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
What bothered me was that I had to use a different nickname than what I generally use - there was no way that I saw to transfer the registration to my existing account
They've fixed this now. I used the free version for a while, then registered and kept the same nick.

EdwardKarlinski

Stunt Coordinator
So the free version has a limit? What is it?
Well, I am not certain, but it is a file size limit rather than number of titles. Some people have added over 700 titles before reaching the limit. Locking a profile causes it to take up more space online, so collections with many locked profiles will reach the limit sooner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks