What's new

RegionX for Xbox (1 Viewer)

Dan B

Screenwriter
Does anyone know about this product called RegionX? It says it was previously released for the PS2, and an Xbox version is on the way. Has anyone used it on PS2 or heard of it?
-Dan B

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Popular in the UK on the PS2. Basically a hack for the PS2's DVD software that patches it to be region free. The downside is the PS2 doesn't convert PAL to NTSC (or vice versa), so it's not /that/ useful over here.

It's by Datel, master technical hackers.

Ryan Peter

Screenwriter
Larry, yup it is. They had to turn it off at the last second. It might be a while before we see it since those guys who do these sorts of things probably aren't privy to progressive and those that can actually take advantage of progressive have standalone progessive DVD players. Who know?

Camp

Senior HTF Member
At this point prog scan players are so cheap I don't think it really matters if Xbox were progressive or not.

Larry Seno Jr.

Supporting Actor
Well I look at it like this. I don't have a progressive scan player, I DO have an X-Box. If I could pick up a dongle that would turn my X-Box into a progressive scan DVD player for $50, I would pick one up in a SECOND.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks