What's new

Region Free DVD player needed. (1 Viewer)

smithb

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brad Smith

Originally Posted by AndyMcKinney
the poster was asking for players available at Walmart stores, though.

A later poster asked that but not the person that started the thread. So that response was perfectly valid in the context of how this thread started and in keeping with its original intent.

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member

Dear Guys:

Thanks for the help, but I asked the counter people at the local Wal-Mart if he knew if any of the players (they had here in Williston) were region free. And he said no, so I settled on getting a Supersonic SC-2100 (made in China) via ebay. It was 40 dollars and I thought it might be worth trying.

Now, I'm getting it for a friend who has the region 2 High Chapparal, but I want to give him some advice on how to use it. Do I just give it to him (hoping he'll figure it out) or is there a web site I can go to, which gives advice on how to set it up to play region 2 DVDS?

I'm scared that if he plugs it into a wallsocket wrong, it might burn down the house.

Any tips would be appreciated.

James

smithb

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brad Smith
Originally Posted by JamesSmith

Dear Guys:

Thanks for the help, but I asked the counter people at the local Wal-Mart if he knew if any of the players (they had here in Williston) were region free. And he said no, so I settled on getting a Supersonic SC-2100 (made in China) via ebay. It was 40 dollars and I thought it might be worth trying.

Now, I'm getting it for a friend who has the region 2 High Chapparal, but I want to give him some advice on how to use it. Do I just give it to him (hoping he'll figure it out) or is there a web site I can go to, which gives advice on how to set it up to play region 2 DVDS?

I'm scared that if he plugs it into a wallsocket wrong, it might burn down the house.

Any tips would be appreciated.

James

I don't know anything about the Supersonic brand, but you made a mistake listening to a clerk at Walmart. Either he doesn't know anything about the hacks to make the players region free, or they aren't suppose to discuss it since legally we are in region 1. My guess is option 1.

As mentioned by Andy earlier all you had to do was look up on VideoHelp.com (http://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks) and check under Phillips and you would have seen all the players that support a hack and how to do it.

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by smithb

Quote:

I don't know anything about the Supersonic brand, but you made a mistake listening to a clerk at Walmart. Either he doesn't know anything about the hacks to make the players region free, or they aren't suppose to discuss it since legally we are in region 1. My guess is option 1.

Exactly and he could've probably bought the Philips machine for the same $40 (I've seen some Philips decks in the past priced just under the $40 mark).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks