What's new

Region 2 DVDS (1 Viewer)

Steve Austin

Auditioning
I have the Predator (2 disc special edition DVD) which is totally awesome and not available in the US...I ordered mine on Amazon.co.uk..Tons of bonus material like interviews and deleted scenes..My question is is there any other region 2 DVDS out there like The Predator one...I'm talking about special edition ones that are not available in the US...Ones that have all types of bonus materials and extras..Please give me any other titles on any other regions with bonus stuff...

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
At least the first 2 will be out before July

The Great Escape, Robocop and several other MGM ones still have no US dates

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins
My question is is there any other region 2 DVDS out there like The Predator one...I'm talking about special edition ones that are not available in the US...Ones that have all types of bonus materials and extras..Please give me any other titles on any other regions with bonus stuff...
John Woo's The Killer is available from the UK for about $16 shipped...it has a new anamorphic transfer which is much better than the Criterion, a new commentary, deleted scenes and some other stuff.

I believe the Region 2 of Y Tu Mama Tambien has the audio commentary track with subtitles which are not on the US release.

There are several versions of David Lynch's Lost Highway available which contain a few extras.

African Queen is available in the Netherlands for about $7 and it contains an audio commentary track by cinematographer Jack Cardiff. The transfer is goregous.

David Lynch..errr...Alan Smithee's Dune is available from several places in Europe and contains about 35 minutes of extra material cut from the original release. It is 4:3, but it's the only way to see this material.

I think there are several titles available in the UK that have commentary tracks that are not present on the US versions. One of the Spike Lee films (Summer Of Sam maybe?) is one of them. Perhaps someone who lives in Europe can fill you in more.

Jeff

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member
Steve, if you're into martial arts films, then there's Hong Kong Legends, a superb R2 company that distributes a lot of Jackie Chan and Jet Lee movies. They make a good effort to track down the most complete prints (nearly all of the well-known movies are avialable in several, often radically different, cuts). Nearly always there's also a commentary (often by Ben Logan, an expert on martial arts films, who is superb), plus occasionally outtakes and similar.

Chris Xolotl

Second Unit
I love HKL and they usually have the superior releases. But be careful, the BBFC loves to cut these movies. (e.g. Snake in the Eagles Shadow, Twinkle Twinkle Lucky Star, Iron Fisted Monk). Also, sometimes the OST or preferred language track is not included (New Dragon's Gate Inn).

The superior releases I recommend are Game of Death, Project A, The killer, Zu Warriors, Scorpion King.

The inferior releases are Prodigal Son, Legend of a Fighter, Snake in the Eagle's Shadow...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks