What's new

Red Dwarf 3 (1 Viewer)

Jonathan White

Stunt Coordinator
Looks like it is due this November and there is also a rough draft of the cover up at http://www.reddwarf.co.uk/

"We will confirm the actual release date as soon as we can. It is going to be sometime in November

The DVD will be packed with bonus material just like Series 1 & 2 including out takes and interviews plus much more that we can not reveal to you yet as it's still in production!"

Great news

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member
In fairness, a lot of the key personnel have been involved in making the Red Dwarf movie, which may account for the apparently sluggish release schedule.

I must admit that I'm salivating at the prospect of this DVD. The standards of the last disc were high, and series 3,4, and 5 are my favourites. Sorry you guys across the Herring Pond have to wait another few months. :frowning:

JoeMKal

Stunt Coordinator
is there any difference between the region 1 and 2 discs they're releasing (or have released) as far as features etc

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
The only difference is that a montage of drinking scenes is missing that used the Chumbawumba "Tubthumping" song that they didn't have rights to in the US

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
It's still used all over the place, and it's still big in the UK. A minimum of $10,000, probably closer to $30 as high as $50,000

For a 3min montage of drinking clips

Not worth it

Elvie

Stunt Coordinator
Silly question this early I know, but will they release Series 3 & 4 together like they did 1 & 2?? The RD site only seems to list Series 3 *hmmm*

I'll try to be patient while waiting *runs off to pop series 1 & 2 back into dvd player*

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
Silly question this early I know, but will they release Series 3 & 4 together like they did 1 & 2??
Yes, that's the plan. UK releases are November & February and US releases are in February. One only hopes that they speed this process up after the movie wraps or I'll be 30 before Series 7 & 8 come out!

I couldn't find cover art for Series 3 & 4 at the official site. Can anyone point me to the pics?

Chris_Marin

Stunt Coordinator
Red Dwarf Series 3 & 4 have now been officially announced:

"BBC have sent us details of their February 3rd releases of the third and fourth series of Red Dwarf. Each set will all cotain six episodes for each series and will cost $34.98 each.

The Series 3 set will include audio commentaries with the cast members for all six episodes; an All Change documentary; raw FX rootage; isolated music cues; trailers; a 12-page collector's booklet; a Food featurette; Hattie's DJ Diary, A Tribute To Designer Mel Bibby; audio book chapters; a photo gallery; and Smeg-Ups & deleted scenes galore.

Series 4 will have cast commentaries for each episode; a Built To Last documentary; a Lurve featurette; the Can't Smeg Won't Smeg special; an Ace Rimmer - A Life In Lame featurette; raw FX footage; isolated music cues; trailers, a 12-page collector's booklet; Smeg-Ups and deleted scenes and a photo gallery."

Click here for the full article including large images of the cover art.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
It might also be of interest, as I mentioned when I posted this news 2 weeks ago ( :wink: ), is that these are also going to be available together in a 2-Pack on the same release date. Though the SRP ends up being about the same, it's probable that retailers will sell the combo pack for less then getting the separate releases.

P.S. - don't forget that "Additionally, the first 30,000 units will contain a limited edition, exclusive trading card set!"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks