What's new

Red-Blue Color Swap in 720p (1 Viewer)

RyanQ

Grip
I own a Panasonic 56" DLP (PT-56DLX75) and a Pansonic DVD player (DVD-S97S).

So I put in Star Wars, Episode II, last night on 1080i, and I see horrible MB in the Palpatine office scene. Not only that, but when I switch to 720p, everything that is red is blue. Samuel Jackson's face is blue.

Also, you know the preview screen...where it lists the rating of the film...you know how it's in green. Well, it's in green in 1080i, but blue in 720p. Something's off here. I have about one more week to return this thing. I'm wondering if I should just go back to my Toshiba progressive scan DVD player and wait for the HDDVD/Blu-Ray war to settle down.

RyanQ

Grip
I'm actually connected via HDMI.

It works on all DVDs, SWII was just an example.

Called Panasonic, they suggested:

1. Swapping HDMI cables to see if the cable is bad (Dobut it since 1080i looks fine despite the macroblocking.

2. Swap HDMI ports on TV to see if the HDMI port is defective. Currently, my other HDMI port is connected to my HD DVR DirecTV receiver and 720p looks fine.

3. Reset DVD player to default settings.

If neither of these work, I'm going to call Panasonic back and ask for a full refund, and then buy a non-Faroudja chip upscaling player due to all the macroblocking issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks