What's new

Recommend me a good Mac contact management software... (1 Viewer)

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Have a client that has been using ACT 5.0 for MAC for a very long time. As of current, Sage is not coming out with a Mac version, and their basic response has been "you can run parralels" which is fine, but they aren't throwing that on their G5 powermac (do not ask). Anyone have any contact management software for Mac they'd throw a recommend behind that is OSX native?

Goldmine, which they have also used doesn't have a Mac version either, so I'm struggling to come up with a name that I know

don monteith

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Don Monteith
Use FileMaker Pro. That program can do just about anything they would need.

Don

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
FileMaker Pro is a remarkable app, but more than a little overkill for contact management. There is a scaled back version (I forget the name) that may be just perfect.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I think what happens here is that I have someone who has always used ACT! to manage contacts and it handles their correspondance as well (they store and write their letters in it) It keeps track of things like: when they called, when they had referrals, who referred them, letters/correspondance. I'm struggling to come up wth a replacement for their old ACT. Both ACT and Goldmine are now PC only. I haven't found any that do this, but she's committed to the Mac platform and I'm not going to have her have two PCs to use one app..

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I guarantee there is something for Filemaker or its scaled down version. You need to understand Filemaker is a different animal. It is not a complete solution, but an engine. Then you use different implementations to do what you want.

Chuck King

Agent
Originally Posted by JohnRice

FileMaker Pro is a remarkable app, but more than a little overkill for contact management. There is a scaled back version (I forget the name) that may be just perfect.

Bento

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Filemaker really is just a level database; it's not pre-built to do contact management. I'm sure I could write something within FMPro to do this, but it seems preposterous, and it would be a huge shift from her use of ACT! 5.. and it would mean she'd have to maintain two, as there is no way to import from ACT! to Filemaker.. I may be at a dead end here.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Though you've said this is not a good solution... New Mac + Parallels + Win7 + Necessary App solves these thorny problems. My wife and I decided that our desires to use Macs and also to use powerful home-finance software required us to spend the money for that setup to upgrade to Quicken 2011.

Hopefully you can find what you need, that runs on a G5. But if the desire to stay with a certain kind of software outweighs cost concerns...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks