What's new

Receviers (1 Viewer)

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Would like to get some opinions from peopl who have the following receivers. I currently own a Yamaha RX-V995 that is 5.1 DD & DTS. It has a 5.1 input, 100 w/ ch x 5, and is a dual zone receiver. I am taking my time to find a receiver to upgrade up to DTS-ES 6.1, Ultra THX and Prologic 2. I want to basically upgrade to a nicer 6.1 receiver with more power and a little more flexabitliy. Am not sure if the 995 with the additions of amps would be a better choice over a newer updated receiver. I am also looking to upgrade my system for DVD-A and SACD. This is one of the other reasons I want a new receiver. I am looking at the Denon AVR-5803, B& K AVR-307, Sunfire Theater Grand 2 and last but not least. The receiver I thought I would not be interested in, the Pioneer Elite VSX-49TX. What dis your opinion ?

Duke

Stunt Coordinator
all are great AVR's you have to read each one's options/features, go and listen, then make the pick.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks