What's new

Receiver for existing Bose set up (1 Viewer)

jrosemey

Auditioning
Real Name
Jon
I just purchased a home that came wired for sound and they also left behind a set of Bose surround sound speakers and a couple amps. However, there is no receiver to control the set up. Here is what I have:

Ceiling-mounted Bose cube speakers
Bose Built-INvisible Acoustimass Module II
Bose BUILT-INvisible TA-2 Theater Amplifier (in basement)

There are also two separate Bose Llifestyle SA-2 Amplifiers (in basement), which, as best I can tell, go to: 1) a set of outdoor speakers on the patio (which are still there); and 2) a set of speaker wires coming out of the floor in a formal living room (no speakers).

It appears that whatever controller they had previously, they connected it via BoseLink A cables.

Given some of the comments I have seen elsewhere on this forum about the quality of Bose speakers, I can guess why these were left behind.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to a receiver that would work with this set up? I am expecting that, at a minimum, I will have to get rid of the BoseLink connections and pare it back to individual speaker wires.

While all suggestions are appreciated, I do not have the budget to completely replace the entire system, including all speakers. If that is the only viable option, I will simply be going without for a few years at least. However, if the reality is that it would be better to wait and start from scratch as opposed to spending a smaller amount of money on the current system, I would appreciate that viewpoint as well.

Thanks in advance for your input.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
The Bose amps are useless without an upstream Bose "brain". Good luck finding any functional ones on Fleabay.

(as a hint. There are TONS of SA/TA on Fleabay. No "brains"*)

*Edit...today there are three MC1 on Ebay. I'll eat crow...today(this is a smorgasboard of these things)

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam

jrosemey

Auditioning
Real Name
Jon
Hugely helpful schan. Really appreciate your help. I am going to try one of the MC1s with a remote--looks like it should work nicely.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks