What's new

Real Sound Bar with Dolby Atmos reviews (1 Viewer)

Brian Alan B

Auditioning
You see a lot of advertising for sound bars that include Dolby Atmos. But do any of our wonderful Forum participants actually own one and can give us a personal review of its performance. In particular I would like someone to compare theirs performance with the Dolby Atmos effect they have experienced in a theatre.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Nice review, Sam. I’m somewhat interested in sound bar possibilities now that we’ve moved. Our great room/living room is going to be nearly impossible and/or too expensive to do traditional surround. And the same holds true for the bedroom. So despite not being much of a fan of sound bars, I’m going to be looking.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Nice review, Sam. I’m somewhat interested in sound bar possibilities now that we’ve moved. Our great room/living room is going to be nearly impossible and/or too expensive to do traditional surround. And the same holds true for the bedroom. So despite not being much of a fan of sound bars, I’m going to be looking.
Just don’t disregard a 3.0 or 3.1 system using a regular receiver and speakers.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Keep in mind that was 4 years ago now. I haven’t checked out other newer models personally but I get the idea that they haven’t improved dramatically.
Bottom line: discrete speakers will be better, full stop. But if you absolutely cannot do that for space or wire run reasons the bars are capable of enjoyable simulated surround but the Atmos effect is somewhere between subtle and gimmick.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks