What's new

RCA D34W20-any thoughts? (1 Viewer)

Matthew Anderson

Second Unit
Real Name
Matthew Anderson
I believe this is a discontinued set but I wanted to know if anyone had any thoughts about this direct view HD set and RCA in general as a brand. I originally wanted to get the Sony 34XBR910 but really cannot afford that set. The RCA is probably the one that Dish Network is offering in their HD in a box deal. I have read a couple of good reviews of the RCA but wanted to hear from anyone with personal experience of just thoughts in general. Thanks

dave_brogli

Screenwriter
I bought a RCA D36120. High Definition direct view tv 2 years ago. I have never ever ever ever had a problem with it. (minus the left speaker blowing the first month).

THat perticuler tv I have heard "its got a great picture", but beyond that I dont know.

Many will bash RCA (most of them have more money than us, and can afford that Mitsubishi 90"). I have always had good luck with RCA and so has my parents. I trust theyre quality.:emoji_thumbsup:

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
I wouldn't say that we "bash" RCA, and I certainly wouldn't say that we have "more money." The simple fact is that products from Thomson Multimedia have the poorest reliability record among common consumer displays. The 38-inch 16:9 direct-view unit seemed to have a nearly 100-percent failure rate in the field. This isn't to say that certain RCA-branded models don't produce great pictures. The question is, how long will they produce such pictures before it's time to call in a repair technician? If you like what you see in this 34-inch model, go for it. But, as always, caveat emptor.

Matthew Anderson

Second Unit
Real Name
Matthew Anderson
Thanks Dave and Jack for your thoughts on RCA. I have a Proscan(made by Thomson)27inch tv that I have had for over 4 years and I have been very pleased with the picture. I have not had any problems with it but anything can happen at any given time. Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks