What's new

R3 Black Hawk Down Superbit Deluxe....Question (1 Viewer)

JoshB

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joshua Bal
I am wondering if the Region 3 Superbit Deluxe version of BHD will play on a regular Region 1 dvd player. I have read that some regional superbit titles do play on region 1 players, but that it depends on the title. Also, will playing the title in a Region 1 player affect picture or sound quality?

I was also wondering if there are any other Region 3 titles that will also play on Region 1 players. I thought they might since they are NTSC, but am hesitant to pick any titles up unless I am sure. I am really wantiong to get the Region 3 BHD: SB Deluxe very soon.....

Mark_Wilson

Screenwriter
The Korean BHD is Region 1,3 and 4. Thats the only Korean SB I've seen. All of the other Superbits are Region Coded for their particular region.

JoshB

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joshua Bal
So does that mean that the Korean BHD: SB will play on a Region 1 player?

CraigL

Screenwriter

That's not true either. You may recall a particular sale by an overseas company for Superbits around $13 or $14. They are region-free...or at least are NTSC R1 and 3.

Mark_Wilson

Screenwriter
Which site would that be? Are they legit? Are they the Korean versions. I own every Superbit released thus far and ONLY BHD has been Region 1. But that is the only Korean SB I have. The UK and Australia SBs are coded for Regions 2 & 4. The Japanese only R2.

JoshB

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joshua Bal
So where would be a good site to buy BHD: SB Deluxe?

I saw the koreandvds.com has it listed for a good price, but it mentions in the specs that some titles produced in Korea are censored. Does this happen here with BHD, or does it only affect certain titles.

Are there any other Region 3 dvds that are better than there Region 1 counterparts, ie., contain DTS or more features??

CraigL

Screenwriter

ohhhhhhh yes my friend. A lot. Off the top of my head, Chicago, Ransom, Crimson Tide, Evita, Big, Great Expectations, City By The Sea, Finding Nemo, Monsters Inc...the list goes on and on.

Why are you specifically going after R3? Is it NTSC??

Ron Boster

Screenwriter
CDWOW which is mentioned in the link that Craig provided is a top e-tailer IMHO. Terrific service....very thing is legit studio material.

I have found both yesasia and koreandvd to provide good service. YMMV. I ordered Blackhawk Down and did not notice any censored scenes. The sound and Picture quality are reference level. The same can not be said for Spiderman. No difference that I could tell between the SB and regular version.

I'm getting ready to order three DTS titles from yesasia. Heat, Ronin Ultimate Ed and Blade. All are said to be fantasic soundtracks in DTS.

Ron

PS: You can pu Vampires in Superbit at Best Buy this week for $7.99. I pu'd a copy yesterday.

JoshB

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joshua Bal
So do all Region 3 titles play on Region 1 players, or does this jsut apply to Superbit titles only?

Will all Region 2, 3, or 4 titles, since they are NTSC, play on a region 1 player? Or do they require a Region free dvd player?

CraigL

Screenwriter

If it were this easy...everyone would be doing it ;)

You need a region-free player. Doesn't matter that they're all NTSC.

Roger Mathus

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Roger Mathus
For the past 24 years (moved back to USA one year ago) I have lived in Korea and Japan. During the past few years I have noted very little censorship in Korea and it seems that mainly male frontal nudity is censored in Japan. I routinely purchase Korean and Japanese DVDs and have encounterd almost no problems on Korean DVDs and only a few on Japanese DVDs. Movies from famous directors or high profile movies seem less likely to be censored. Cuts are not often used but rather fuzz or darkening is utilized.

Recently I have found some of the Korean SEs to be particularly desirable and of high quality.

If you have a censorship question on a particular movie, my guess is that you can post your question on HTF and get a good answer.

One caution, non English language films and mixed language films may not have English subs. This can sometimes be overcome (as in Dances With Wolves) by turning on the English subs during the Indian language scenes. European films generally lack any English support in Japan and might not in Korea.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks