What's new

R2 Holy Grail SE have any probs? (1 Viewer)

Sean Aaron

Second Unit
Real Name
Sean Aaron
Just wondering because I'm not sure if I want to order the R1 version from European retailers in case they're holding onto the old discs...if I knew CTHE was doing a full recall that would be different...

John CW

Supporting Actor
Hasn't anyone bought this yet? Can anyone verify any subtitle "pop-up" problem or the missing "Monti Python and thee Holy Grailen" Sweedish subtitle??

~ John

Sean Aaron

Second Unit
Real Name
Sean Aaron
Well, I went and bought it. The Sweedish subtitles in the beginning are there and there are no defects. HA!

Mark_vdH

Screenwriter
Are you sure that the first Swedish subtitle you mention is on the disc?

I asked on a European forum, and they said the first subtitle was still missing. Remember that the R1 version has all the Swedish subtitles except for the first: the translation of the title as Mønti Pythøn ik den Hølie Grãilen

Christopher Lyn

Stunt Coordinator
I bought this DVD a few months ago. Mine has the Swedish subtitles, but also has a glitch where I cannot turn off the subtitles.

The subtitles will randomly activate. I heard that this was a bug and there were some recalls for this DVD.

Sean Aaron

Second Unit
Real Name
Sean Aaron
Wait, People were complaining about one subtitle? I thought the whole series was missing!

I really don't remember if the translation of the title into "Swedish" is missing (frankly I don't care).

Sorry, I misunderstood. I can say there are no glitches in R2 playback of special features and it looks brilliant.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks