1. We suffered a brief outage this morning when our host noticed that HTF needed to be moved to a different server due to a hardware failure. That work is now complete. Please post in the feedback area if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

R2 Holy Grail SE have any probs?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Sean Aaron, Nov 6, 2001.

1. Sean Aaron

Sean Aaron Second Unit

Sean Aaron
    Just wondering because I'm not sure if I want to order the R1 version from European retailers in case they're holding onto the old discs...if I knew CTHE was doing a full recall that would be different...

2. John CW

John CW Supporting Actor

Hasn't anyone bought this yet? Can anyone verify any subtitle "pop-up" problem or the missing "Monti Python and thee Holy Grailen" Sweedish subtitle??

~ John

3. Sean Aaron

Sean Aaron Second Unit

Sean Aaron
    Well, I went and bought it. The Sweedish subtitles in the beginning are there and there are no defects. HA!

4. Mark_vdH

Mark_vdH Screenwriter

Are you sure that the first Swedish subtitle you mention is on the disc?

I asked on a European forum, and they said the first subtitle was still missing. Remember that the R1 version has all the Swedish subtitles except for the first: the translation of the title as Mønti Pythøn ik den Hølie Grãilen

5. Christopher Lyn

Christopher Lyn Stunt Coordinator

I bought this DVD a few months ago. Mine has the Swedish subtitles, but also has a glitch where I cannot turn off the subtitles.

The subtitles will randomly activate. I heard that this was a bug and there were some recalls for this DVD.

6. Sean Aaron

Sean Aaron Second Unit

Sean Aaron
    Wait, People were complaining about one subtitle? I thought the whole series was missing!

I really don't remember if the translation of the title into "Swedish" is missing (frankly I don't care).

Sorry, I misunderstood. I can say there are no glitches in R2 playback of special features and it looks brilliant.