R2 Holy Grail SE have any probs?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Sean Aaron, Nov 6, 2001.

1. Sean Aaron

Sean Aaron Second Unit

Sean Aaron
    Just wondering because I'm not sure if I want to order the R1 version from European retailers in case they're holding onto the old discs...if I knew CTHE was doing a full recall that would be different...

2. John CW

John CW Supporting Actor

Hasn't anyone bought this yet? Can anyone verify any subtitle "pop-up" problem or the missing "Monti Python and thee Holy Grailen" Sweedish subtitle??

~ John

3. Sean Aaron

Sean Aaron Second Unit

Sean Aaron
    Well, I went and bought it. The Sweedish subtitles in the beginning are there and there are no defects. HA!

4. Mark_vdH

Mark_vdH Screenwriter

Are you sure that the first Swedish subtitle you mention is on the disc?

I asked on a European forum, and they said the first subtitle was still missing. Remember that the R1 version has all the Swedish subtitles except for the first: the translation of the title as Mønti Pythøn ik den Hølie Grãilen

5. Christopher Lyn

Christopher Lyn Stunt Coordinator

I bought this DVD a few months ago. Mine has the Swedish subtitles, but also has a glitch where I cannot turn off the subtitles.

The subtitles will randomly activate. I heard that this was a bug and there were some recalls for this DVD.

6. Sean Aaron

Sean Aaron Second Unit

Sean Aaron
    Wait, People were complaining about one subtitle? I thought the whole series was missing!

I really don't remember if the translation of the title into "Swedish" is missing (frankly I don't care).

Sorry, I misunderstood. I can say there are no glitches in R2 playback of special features and it looks brilliant.