What's new

Quick response needed please!! (1 Viewer)

TRINADS

Agent
Real Name
Jimmy
I am about to purchase the Pio TXS82 today, but had a question before I purchased. I know the HDMI is 1.2a, but does the HDMI inputs only pass video, or does it do video and audio. So all I would have to hook up is a HDMI cable for my PS3, XBOX Elite, and HD8300 without having to use any optical (toslink) cables? Also, as long as the PS3 decodes Dolby True HD, or any of the new sound formats, the Pio would be able to support this via I believe PCM? I don't fully understand the technobabble, any help to these questions would be appreciated, because if I couldn't get Dolby True HD or the new sound formats, I might just wait for the 1.3 HDMI recievers to come out. Thanks for your input!!!!

Is there another reciever that you guys would recommend, I was looking at the Denon 2807, but i really like the 3 inputs for HDMI w/ the Pio. How about Yamaha? I really don't want to wait for the 1.3 HDMI recievers, because if certain current ones can play Dolby True HD and such, then there really is no need for the new 1.3 recievers. Which recievers are capable of doing this that are recommended. Thanks guys!!

TRINADS

Agent
Real Name
Jimmy
Thanks for the response, I purchased the Pio Elite TSX 82 today, will hook it all up tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annefnlys01
Recent bookmarks