What's new

Question On Nielsen Ratings For Classic TV Shows (1 Viewer)

MCCLOUD

Second Unit
Real Name
Robert
Does anyone know of a website where you can find out the Nielsen TV Ratings for TV Shows in the 1950's, 1960's, and 1970's. All I have been able to find only show the Top 20 or Top 30. I would like to find out at least the Top 50 for each TV Season. For example, during The 1975-1976 TV Season, Cannon did not finish in the Top 30. I would like to find out what number Cannon finished for the 1975-1976 Season. All help is appreciated! Also, since the ratings were so long ago and many people who watched the shows are dead now, what impact do forum members think these ratings have on these series getting released by the studios on DVD today? Thanks! Robert

_william_

Grip
tv tango has some ratings of some individual episodes.

for a site with the top of particular years (not all shows) http://www.fiftiesweb.com/tv-ratings.htm

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
It's a subscription service, but the Variety archives probably has complete lists at the end of each season. June 2, 1976 seems to have a relevant article. Try your library if you want to get free access to Variety or some of the regular newspapers that published the complete lists. The library may have access to archive databases or just microfilmed copies of the issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks