What's new

question an my sherwood RD-6108 (1 Viewer)

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
Picked this up used for my bedroom, everything seems to work perfectly, except for dolby digital mode.

I've got decoding mode set to auto (of PCM, auto, and DTS, it clicks into DTS just fine when a DTS disc is played)
Whan I play a dolby 5.1 disc through the digital coaxial input, I can't select dolby digital with the DSP select switch, it toggles between the pro logic and pro logic II modes, but never offers a dolby digital as suggested in the manual

Kevin Alexander

Screenwriter
Make sure DD is selected in the disc menu, and try several DD only discs to make sure it isn't a flagging problem w/ the receiver. Also, I am interested in this receiver. How would you describe the sound quality (warm, neutral, bright)?

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
No opinion on the sound yet, still too new. Maybe a little bright, for the cost I'm very pleased with it. It's tough to really judge the receiver because I'm running a fluance center and some sony mains I had in the closet because the ebay seller I ordered my fluance speakers from didn't ship all 5 :angry:

I was actually just coming back to close up the post, I checked my DVD player "one last time" and noted the audio out was set to PCM, changed it to bitstream and life is good, figures.

ChuckSolo

Screenwriter
Phillip_G, I have the same unit and it works great. IMHO, the RD-6108 is one of those gems that crops up now and then. This receiver really can't be beat for the price.:)

John S

Senior HTF Member
make sure your DVD player is set to bitsream as well, or exactly what you say is happening will happen.

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member

I agree!
100 bucks for the receiver (or less used) and 199 for the fluance speakers really makes a nice cheap system at HTIB prices.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks