What's new

Question about my Samsung DLP connection.... (m) (1 Viewer)

David-C

Auditioning
I recently bought a Samsung 56" DLP (HLN567W).

I also have a Comcast HDTV tuner (I think it's made my Motorola).

I started by connecting the Comcast box to the DLP using componant video (green, blue, red).

This is fine for watching HDTV channels, but when I switch to a non-HDTV channel, the TV screen goes blue and says, "Not Supported Mode."

So, in addition to the componant video, I have now added a second connection - just the basic coax connecting the cable box to the post on the back of the DLP. This solves the problem, but it's annoying because I have to switch AV modes on the TV every time I switch back and forth from HDTV channels to regular channels.

Why can't I watch both HDTV and regular TV through the same video connection? I used to be able to do this on my 32" Sony HDTV (4:3).

John S

Senior HTF Member
You can, what you need to do in the cable box, is select 480p for all SD stuff. Pretty simple to do, but I can't remember the exact steps to get you there.

Jeremy Anderson

Screenwriter
With the Motorola box off, press the MENU button on the front of the box. A menu will come up that lets you change SD output to 480P.

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member
Yes, turn the box off, choose menu from the button on the front of the box (not the remote) and set the "4:3 Override" selection to 480p or 480i. Otherwise, the 4:3 programming defaults to an unsupported mode. In addition, this allows you to stretch/zoom your 4:3 content using the viewing modes on the TV, not the box.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks