Question about DualDisc release of R.E.M.'s Document

Discussion in 'Music' started by Darren_N, Nov 8, 2005.

1. Darren_N

Darren_N Stunt Coordinator

Hello all,

Does anyone know if the DVD side of this release is hi-rez DVD-A? I can't tell from the various on-line descriptions. Some sites just mention a DVD side with 5.1 DD and DTS while others list it as a DVD-A but make no mention of the resolution.

Thanks.

Darren

2. Paul.S

Paul.S Producer

Paul
    Darren:

Wasn't aware that a Dual Document was being released--thx for the tip.

Your question is a perennial one for Dual releases. And the lame DualDusc.com Website is still a woeful missed oppurtunity to provide answers to these questions.

Are you so interested in the vid content that you'd rather buy the Dual instead of the DVD-A, which would enable you to know for sure you're getting hi rez?

-p

3. Darren_N

Darren_N Stunt Coordinator

Paul,

Yeah, I was pretty much set to get the DVD-A that was released a while ago until I saw that it was going to be released on DualDisc. I was considering getting the DualDisc mainly because it would be cheaper than the DVD-A. I may just go ahead and get the DVD-A, anyway, so I know I'm getting hi-rez. That and the fact that the CD side of the 2 DualDiscs I already have don't even play on my Denon.

Thanks for the reply, Paul.

I still am interested to find out if the new release is, in fact, hi-rez on the DVD side. Anyone know for sure?

Darren