What's new

Question About Avia and Directview TVs (1 Viewer)

IsaacV

Auditioning
First off, I am a total newbie to home theater. I read this forum and many others before I made my purchase, and I'm sure I made a good choice for my room size and my viewing habits. So here is my question.
I recently purchased a 32" direct view tube Sony Wega TV(KV-FS200). The picture looks great. I turned the Red Push off and it looks better that way. But it looks a little dark. Before I go and spend $50 on the AVIA DVD I was wondering if it would even make a difference on my TV. Since it's not projection I can't adjust the individual colors(RGB). Or if I can I don't know how. Would the disc tell me how to do this? Is this DVD mainly for projection TVs? Any help would be great. Thanks in advance.

AdamM

Grip
You might want to get the the Sound and Vision Home Theater Tune-Up disc. I picked it up at borders for $16.99. I was very happy with the results, and the price is hard to beat.
I guessing that the Avia disc has more tests and tweaking options. I'm sure I'll pick up the Avia disc some day, for now the Sound and Vision disc will do.

Mike_Morgan

Stunt Coordinator
Isaac, welcome to the board! Avia is a good investment for ANY TV. It will help you accurately set all of your picture controls and such. I used it on my cheap Panny 27" direct view and it helps. I just went upstairs the other night and did a quick run through the basic video adjustments on my neighbors Sony 36HS500 and he was pleased. Do yourself a favor and pick up a copy. I think you'll be satisfied.

Mike

IsaacV

Auditioning
Thanks for your responses. I think I'm going to pick it up. I hope it makes a difference. But I'm sure it will definitly help with my surround sound if nothing else.

Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks