What's new

Putting together a Region DVD FAQ (1 Viewer)

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Can people list their favorite shops for other region discs? I have Stores for the UK, Australia, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Korea, and Japan

Looking for Africa, French,German stores (besides Amazon) and South American stores that ship internationally.

Thanks!

Hendrik

Supporting Actor
...for instance...
- Argentina
Link Removed
- Brazil
Link Removed
- Chile
Link Removed
- Czechia
Link Removed
- Finland
www.viihdekauppa.com
- Germany
Link Removed
- Netherlands
Link Removed
- Sweden
http://www.dvdirect.net/
Disclaimer: ...so far, have no experience with any of the above (but I did order a DVD from Glasnost - confirmed, but not yet received)...
. . . . . .

Hendrik

Supporting Actor
...note, however, that often enough the Belgian DVDzone2 sells not the French release of certain DVDs, but the 'Benelux' release - which means different content/Packaging...
example: French Memento = anamorphic 2.35:1 / Belgian version features a dts soundtrack, and an anamorphic transfer, but has been cropped to 1.85:1...
. . . . . .

Angsty

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Angela
Jeff,
Your FAQ may also like to warn buyers that $2Warner releases R4 (Australia) titles in the NTSC format - despite the fact that the offical broadcast standard in Australia is PAL.
(Just in case buyers from Europe assume that R4 Australia is PAL :frowning: )
Angela

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the warning, but since most UK people are equipped for NTSC, at least the ones that import, (a trend Warner has obviously noticed in Australia) I don't think it's an issue. It's more of an issue for Americans that don't realize there are different TV standards

Chris Xolotl

Second Unit
That's why I have the Malata. Pop any DVD in and it plays automatically. It doesn't care if it's PAL/NTSC/Region 6 etc..

I hate to say it but on the other forum there is quite an extensive list of international e-tailers. Must be going on six pages or so.

But, I suppose a recommended list is better for here.

Don't forget to list the various Amazon stores (.fr,.de,.co.uk etc). Great sources of information.

Chris Xolotl

Second Unit
Us people located in the U.S... Don't bother going to Play247 they don't ship here. Too bad though, great prices

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks