What's new

Put away the clubs for the year? Here comes Links 2004! (1 Viewer)

Brian Johnson

Supporting Actor
I just called my local EB games. They just got the game in today & have several copies. So after work I plan on getting it based on your reviews so far.
I've rented TW 2k3 & 2k4 and really like them. But am looking for something new.
Is there many extra features in the game? I'll have to go back & re-read the review.......

Brian Johnson

Supporting Actor
See my last post. I did pick up a copy last night.
My initial impression is I am not impressed.
The game lacks excitement that TW gave to the game.
The commentary is awful.
I think I played a whole hour before I became bored and shut the game off.
I doubt the online aspect will provide enough to keep me intersted in this game.

I will probably give it a weekend to really put some time in. If I feel the same I will trade it for TW2k4

Sorry about the short review, I forget the little things that I wasnt impressed with.
I think Outlaw Golf plays better than this game.

Jeff Peake

Supporting Actor
I played alot last night, and really like the game. I havent played Tiger Woods, so I cant compare. Online play is a requirement for me in sports games.

I have built up a character in Intermediate mode. Have about 20 skill points purchased. My longest drive is 366 yards! I am reminded alot of Outlaw Golf, but with more depth. Overall it does have a little bit of an arcadey feel to it, which isnt a bad thing IMO.

Online play was a blast. It is good to be able to finish 9 holes in less than 10 minutes using quick play.

One question I have...how do you earn money on the leaderboard in online play??? I played 5 or 6 matches online....all of them official. I won all but 1 of them. After each match, it showed me how much $$$ I had won by hitting greens, one-putting streaks etc. It was about $5,000 for each match. So afterwards I checked the global leaderboards, and I only had $6,000 and change total. I guess they dont just add up your winnings for each match. Anyone know how this is calculated?

Jeff

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
I wish I wasn't working on a big project right now, as I really want to play this game more.

I've played a couple of hours each night since Wednesday, including playing online with some LCVG members. Wish I was playing right now!

(this is my fave console golf game ever, at least so far. Yes I've played TW2004 and Outlaw)

Bill Griffith

Supporting Actor
Anyone try this game on the hardest setting yet.

In started off in beginer just to get afell for it than lastnight made a advanced player. That is a bit to difficult. It basically makes the game just like real life. Except now you have no feel for anything going on.

I think I'll stick with Beginer. Anybody play online repeatedly yet? Or is there anyplace HTF people go to setup tourney's?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks