What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Propecia costs (1 Viewer)

Greg O' Connel

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah, so I'm losing my hair. I'm planning on scheduling an appointment with my doctor to discuss Propecia, but I'm having a hard time determining how much this is going to cost. I've seen online prices ranging from $50 to $280 per month. I know that anytime you have this many guys on one message board, there's bound to be a good number of Propecia users, so I'd appreciate some input. How much does Propecia cost per month, and where to you get it from (pharmacy, online, Canada, pusher down the street, etc.)?

Thanks in advance!

Greg O' Connel

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah, so I'm losing my hair. I'm planning on scheduling an appointment with my doctor to discuss Propecia, but I'm having a hard time determining how much this is going to cost. I've seen online prices ranging from $50 to $280 per month. I know that anytime you have this many guys on one message board, there's bound to be a good number of Propecia users, so I'd appreciate some input. How much does Propecia cost per month, and where to you get it from (pharmacy, online, Canada, pusher down the street, etc.)?

Thanks in advance!

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
I don't suppose your health care coverage will pay for it will they? Being cosmetic and all.

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
I don't suppose your health care coverage will pay for it will they? Being cosmetic and all.

Justin Lane

Senior HTF Member
While I do not suffer from pre-mature hair loss (I am going gray in my mid-twenties instead:angry: ), a few of my friends have begun to lose their hair and use Propecia, so this is where my info comes from.

Propecia is offered in two forms if I recall correctly:

1.) Prescribed consumer strength daily use tablet

2.) Prescribed stronger cancer patient form for after radiation/chemo to promote more rapid hair growth.

Version number 2, is a larger pill with a higher dosage of the hair re-growth formula. My friend found that this form was cheaper then the consumer strength prescription per normal dosage (more expensive per pill however), and he ended up using a pill cutter to make 2-3 normal dosages from a single cancer patient strength pill. He had a family member who wrote the script, so I am not sure if your normal doctor would do this, but it is worth looking into as far as saving money.

J

Justin Lane

Senior HTF Member
While I do not suffer from pre-mature hair loss (I am going gray in my mid-twenties instead:angry: ), a few of my friends have begun to lose their hair and use Propecia, so this is where my info comes from.

Propecia is offered in two forms if I recall correctly:

1.) Prescribed consumer strength daily use tablet

2.) Prescribed stronger cancer patient form for after radiation/chemo to promote more rapid hair growth.

Version number 2, is a larger pill with a higher dosage of the hair re-growth formula. My friend found that this form was cheaper then the consumer strength prescription per normal dosage (more expensive per pill however), and he ended up using a pill cutter to make 2-3 normal dosages from a single cancer patient strength pill. He had a family member who wrote the script, so I am not sure if your normal doctor would do this, but it is worth looking into as far as saving money.

J

Jason_Els

Screenwriter
My Propecia runs $47. a month (30 pills) from the local pharmacy. I love the stuff.

I started graying at 25 too and now I'm nearly all gray. It does suck. My granfather was nearly completely gray at 30 (and nearly bald). I color it now and then and am debating doing it permanently as I don't want to look so much older than I am.

Jason_Els

Screenwriter
My Propecia runs $47. a month (30 pills) from the local pharmacy. I love the stuff.

I started graying at 25 too and now I'm nearly all gray. It does suck. My granfather was nearly completely gray at 30 (and nearly bald). I color it now and then and am debating doing it permanently as I don't want to look so much older than I am.

Don Black

Screenwriter
I've read about people having some success with foreign pharmacies to get the prices down. YMMV of course.

Don Black

Screenwriter
I've read about people having some success with foreign pharmacies to get the prices down. YMMV of course.

CalvinCarr

Supporting Actor
Hell I have a full head but still buzz it with no guard on the clippers. If I thought I was even going a little bald it would be smoooooth...:D

CalvinCarr

Supporting Actor
Hell I have a full head but still buzz it with no guard on the clippers. If I thought I was even going a little bald it would be smoooooth...:D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Denapix
Recent bookmarks