What's new

progressive scan question (1 Viewer)

Anthony Moore

Supporting Actor
Do i have to use component cables to get progressive scan from my Toshiba 4700? Also, will it even do anything with my Sony Vega?
My Sony Vega has component inputs, but does that mean it accepts progressive scan? Or are there special inputs for pro-scan that you use special pro-scan cables with???
thanks
anthony
[Edited last by Anthony Moore on November 12, 2001 at 10:54 PM]

Sihan Goi

Second Unit
Yes, you have to use component cables to get progressive scan. However, just coz your TV/DVD player has component input/outputs doesn't mean it supports progressive scan.

Thomas_Berg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
progressive scan doesnt mean component cables, and vice versa. (although if you had the ability to use component cables and didnt, you'd be making a bad choice). you can think of it this way: it's just the same as using composite cables (the red, white, and yellow) or an s-video hookup, but it only transmits video. it also had MUCH improved quality over the other two.
if the Wega isnt a digital tv, it will do nothing. you need to select 'interlaced' playback on the dvd player.
------------------
-Thomas
My HT

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks