What's new

Problems with all discs of That 70's Show (1 Viewer)

Scott_Phillips

Auditioning
I am having problems with all 4 discs of That 70s Show Season One. They are all freezing up on the chapter switch, sometimes they just freeze for 3 or 4 seconds, sometimes the freeze for 30 or more. I exchanged my first set last night for a new set and I am still having the same problem. I have near 200 titles on DVD and this is the first time I've ever had a problem like this. I was hoping to come here and find a thread already (hoping it was a big manufacturing glitch) but haven't seen anything so I thought I'd be the first to ask, is anyone else having this problem? My DVD player is a Sanyo, if that helps at all, and it's about a year old.

Any input would be appreciated.

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
My Pioneer has played disc 1,2 & 4 with no glitches. (Havent watched 3 yet.)

I think you might have a player issue.

Andrew Pezzo

Second Unit
I have a rotel rdv-1040 dvd player and have had no issues with That 70's Show. Do you have the ability to try it on a another player, maybe a friends?

Josh LM

Stunt Coordinator
sort of off topic here, but I can't remember, was the first season of That 70's show funny? I know the more recent episodes are, but are the older ones too? I am considering purchasing it, but don't wan't unfunny episodes.

Rhoq

Supporting Actor
Although I haven't watched the show since the 2nd season (mainly due to the fact that since Fox moved it Wednesdays I forget that it's on), I can assure you - the first season is some of the funniest material you will ever see.

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
In my opinion the first season was the funniest...I haven't watched the show recently but it seemed to me it wasn't as funny as time goes on...

Sam Davatchi

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
SamD
I do have some kind of a problem with the set. My problem is that the playing is not smooth, every few minutes I get a little jump, like it misses a frame. Anyone noticed anything like this?

Sam Davatchi

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
SamD
I have tracked down the problem. I have a Plasma TV and a DVD Player set to progressive. I just learned that when I set back the player into interlace, I don’t get that jumpy motion. It only happens when the player is set to progressive which kind of sucks! I don’t want to change my player’s settings whenever I’m watching this show. Is this normal? Have they screwed up somewhere with the progressive flag and the fields order or something? :angry:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks