What's new

Problem with Serenity HDD not restarting after stop button pushed (1 Viewer)

Ian B

Stunt Coordinator
Played this movie on the Toshiba HD-A1 today and could not restart the movie when I hit the stop button. The player would not remember the stopping point and would always restart the movie from the beginning. Talked to a Toshiba HD rep and he said to hit the "resume play" button on the left side below the wheel on the remote but, to no avail. I tried a regular dvd and this problem did not happen. I could either hit the start button or the resume play button and the dvd would start at the last stopping point. The rep finally believed that the problem is on the movie and not the player. Can someone try this on their player and see if they get the same result?

Thanks,

Ian B

P.s. I am aware that if you hit the stop button multiple times, the movie will start from the beginning. This was not my case.

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
My experience is that the Resume Play function doesn't work with HD-DVDs. Typical Toshiba. I've owned 3 Toshiba DVD players and none of them had this vital feature; the HD-A1 is the first one that did, and it only works with SD-DVDs.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks