What's new

problem with new sub PB12 BB return? (1 Viewer)

MikeMcGrew

Stunt Coordinator
If anyone here could offer a little advice, it would be greatly appreciated. Here's the deal. I picked up a JBL PB12 today at BB. I got the sub open box for $319.00 plus 25% OFF THAT. It Came to $244.00 (the deal is why I bought it). Anyway, I got the sub home and no amplification seems to be the problem. Power to the sub is obvious and the sub and my receiver both indicate that a signal is being received by the sub. The JBL has two green lights that are on when a signal is transferred. The lights are red when there is no signal (at least that is what I understand). I have quadrouple checked (and then some) all the settings and connections and such and have tried what I consider to be everything. No bass. I need a few honest opinions. I did not buy the performance plan through BB but I'm pretty sure it's not too late to do this on this item (per the sales guy telling me I could purchase it at a later date). I do NOT want to be dishonest about this but if I can take advantage of BB's policy, then I don't see anything wrong with this. I am thinking I will go to the store and purchase the performance plan which the sales manager said I could do at a later date and then returning the sub as defective. I figure this way I will be dealing with the local BB and not have to ship the sub to JBL for repair. Will BB replace the sub or credit the purchase price towards a new sub? Is what I want to do dishonest or does this sort of thing happen all the time? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks, Mike M

Brian Ruth

Supporting Actor
Mike:

Do you get no bass when the lights are green, or just when the lights are red??

MikeMcGrew

Stunt Coordinator
No Bass period. When the lights are green, no bass! When the lights are red, no bass. Mike very SAD:frowning:

Brian Ruth

Supporting Actor
Mike:

Try to run a test signal via the receiver. SLOWLY ease the volume up to about 3/4 and put your hand over the side firing port. If you don't feel anything coming out, then your bass is probably cooked.

I'm unsure if Best Buy accepts returns on Open Box items, but bring it back to Best Buy anyways. I think they should take returns within 30 days of purchase, even with open box items like yours.

My guess is you'll get a $250 credit for your item.

As for buying the service plan AFTER the sale, I'd say its unethical. As long as you return it promptly, you should get a refund for your troubles. Wait too long, though, and they won't take a return.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks