What's new

Problem with new (refurb) Marantz 7500 (1 Viewer)

Joshua H

Stunt Coordinator
I bought the unit a couple-few months ago from AC4L.com a refurb'ed unit with the 1yr warranty. It is presently hooked up to my pc (coax digital), a pair of speakers and powered subwoofer.

It worked fine out of the box, but within a week I turned it on and got no auditory output from either the PC or the tuner. I thought uh-oh, and came back after work and turned it on again; it worked fine. It has effectively been off-and-on like this, sometimes working fine for a couple weeks.

Most recently I got a clue: It was on the tuner and working, and I went to change the volume with the dial. The display showed the volume changing, but the output was constant. I used it at that level for the rest of the evening (as I had company, not going to fiddle). Since then it hasn't worked at all, maybe a week or 2.

Before I call up AC4L and see about a replacement, any suggestions or tests or diagnoses?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks