What's new
World Wide Stereo

Printable 99cent Movie Rental at Blockbuster (1 Viewer)

728x90

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
Thanks for posting the new coupon. I used the first one last week and now I have something to use when I go back. I also have almost never rented anything at BB. I won't pay $4 for a rental, especially when I still have so many unwatched DVDs I've bought. I'd rent a lot more if it was always a buck to do so.

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
Excellent. Thanks for the new one. Looks like it lasts longer this time.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
FYI, after using 2 of these, (the first week and the second week), I noticed that when you rent with one of these coupons, that rental does not count toward your Rent 5 Get 1 Free.

Jimmy M

Second Unit
John Co, if you're talking about the Rewards benefit, it is typical that only full priced rentals count toward it. Always has been like that.

Jimmy!

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
I just think it's another way BB sticks it to you. I always knew that if you use any kind of coupon for a free rental, that did not count. But I'm pretty sure the membership material I got when I first became a Gold Rewards Member said "any paid rental" when applying to this promotion. It seems they changed it and didn't advertise the change.

TonyTone

Supporting Actor
Not to be a party pooper, and notwithstanding that what I'm about to ask is essentially a moot issue based on the responses in this thread, but...can't BB technically not accept the coupon people are copying/printing from this thread since technically, the coupon does state that "This coupon may not be exchanged for cash, sold, transferred or reproduced..."

I mean, I hope that some BB clerk isn't gonna be nitpicky and not accept mine just because it was "reproduced"--not that I'll tell him/her that I printed it from an online site...or am I misinterpreting the meaning of "reproduced", as stated on the coupon itself?

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
#1 - If asked (haven't been so far), I just say I got the coupon via email. How else are you supposed to get an email coupon to the store without printing it out?

#2 - As Harold says, the bar code is unique each week, so I really don't understand the "reproduced" part of the clause. I could make 100 copies of this coupon, but because the BB computer is tracking the bar code along with my account number, I could still only use one.

Jerry Klawiter

Screenwriter
The coupons are indeed electronic tender of sorts.
You can not manipulate them in anyway. But it is
fine just to print them.

Brian Johnson

Supporting Actor
I found this similar coupon posted on a motorcycle forum of all places. I was going to come here to share but see I'm way late to the party.
I had no problems. First time in a while that I've went to BB. I found this was a good way to get a movie & pay off that stupid late fee they charged for my 2 hour late movie. Bastards.
Either way. Picked up Matrix 3 and Master & Commander.
Movie Night!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quinnedunn
Recent bookmarks