PriceLine Commercial...

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by DeathStar1, Mar 23, 2004.

1. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

As I watch the new 'Hey Bill!' priceline commercial, I'm left wondering. Is everyone doing the famous Shater...speech....pause as an old joke, or is it un-intentional?

I'd assume that if Shatner himself did it and only him, he was probably making fun of himself. But the other actors are doing it to. Any ideas?

2. Bill Williams

Bill Williams Screenwriter

Sounds like an intentional joke to me. After 50+ years in the business, everyone's used to Shatner's...vocal...style...of acting on screen. Of course, the look on his face at the end of the spot is priceless! They should get Leonard back for another spot! Or for that matter, Patrick Stewart. That'll really bury him again (pun intended). [​IMG]

3. ThomasC

ThomasC Lead Actor

Oh MAN, Patrick would've been even better than Leonard! Haha, or maybe they could have one where they say to William, "We'd like a spokesman that'll last us through the rest of our years," and then bring in Brent Spiner. [​IMG]

4. Francois Caron

Francois Caron Cinematographer

Francois Caron

Shatner and Stewart, both Shakespearian actors, in the same room? I can imagine the battle! Both. Yelling. As. If. Every. Word. Were. It's. Own. Sentence. [​IMG]